Announcement

Collapse

For Sale Forum Rules

1. Please list multiple cars/items in one topic if possible. This reduces the clutter on the portal view.
2. Please include prices in your post or at least a "make offer".
3. Please respond to PM (private message) or provide valid email for contact.
4. If you post and do not respond to customer posts or email, the topic will be deleted.
See more
See less

WTB/ISO Jaguar D-Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB/ISO Jaguar D-Type

Looking for either headlight lenses, or a dinged up body with lenses. Haven’t seen any spares out on Flea Bay Click image for larger version

Name:	19FFBA6C-52D8-45F7-B0C6-5109DBB478E6.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	88627
    Brian Mc
    Minnecrapulous, Mn

”Machinist: One who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data from those of questionable knowledge.”

Why don't you make your own? Should be easy... make a mold, get some Alumilite, mix it and pour it and trim it when cured.

Comment

Or, more simply, use a 1 liter seltzer bottle, cut the bottom off, and find the exact curvature you want, cut it out and glue it on. There are so many curves there, you'll find yours.

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ll give those ideas a whirl. It’s one of those small things that happens, but changes the whole look of the car. I tried that Testors clear, but couldn’t get what I wanted.
        Brian Mc
        Minnecrapulous, Mn

”Machinist: One who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data from those of questionable knowledge.”

Comment

Getting ready to make some myself. Cutting a clear water bottle to shape and installing. Have done many this way, they come out just fine.
          Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
          Facebook-
          https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
          YouTube-
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

Put a piece of tape over the open light area and trace an outline of the lens shape.
            Place the piece of tape on a clear plastic bottle of something else with a curved shape and cut out the lens. Test fit and trim to suit. If you need more curve a gentle working over a curved shape (piece of dowel / paint brush handle etc and you are good to go) with your fingers can enhance the curve. One sized and shaped glue with canopy glue or the Testers clear make work as well. Fix it on with a bit of tape while the glue dries.

cheers
            David

Dangermouse to the rescue.

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1