Announcement

Collapse

For Sale Forum Rules

1. Please list multiple cars/items in one topic if possible. This reduces the clutter on the portal view.
2. Please include prices in your post or at least a "make offer".
3. Please respond to PM (private message) or provide valid email for contact.
4. If you post and do not respond to customer posts or email, the topic will be deleted.
See more
See less

HRW special auction: Strangebrew Showdown Modified

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then my closing bid is $150.

Brew - I'll be in touch after this closes.

Comment

A big "THANK YOU" to everyone who bid on Strangebrew's Showdown Modified - bidding is now officially closed. Congratulations to slothead on the winning bid. One hundered percent of the auction proceeds will go toward the annual renewal of the HRW Forum license.

slothead - please check your PM.
      Steve - Connecticut, USA - Team HRW

Comment

Thanks guys. Was on the road today so thank you Steve for helping out as always.

Appreciate all of this, and Mr. Brew has a special package coming his way as well.
        -Harry

Comment

way to go slothead,very classy and generous

Comment

In this case I bought the steak (car itself) and sizzle (story that goes with it). In the end this will cost me a lot more than $150 because once it's used to christen my new oval I'm going to need to build a bunch of retro cars like it for a racing series. The track and cars will be my top project for the rest of the year.

Plus, it's all for HRW which is a great resource and community. Money well spent in many ways.

Comment

It was a good morning at Slothead Racing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HRW X1 & booty2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	47651

Name:	HRW X1 fuzzy.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	47652

The only closeup I have so far came out blurry. This is a beautiful car that outclasses all my other modified cars. Which means it will be the seed for a new class - the Retro Modified Series (RMS) on my new oval. It needs at least 7 playmates for a solo racing series.

Comment

• dinglebery
                dinglebery commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats!! Car looks really good! That lane channel looks cringeworthingly thin with the guide in the slot!

• slothead
                slothead commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, the banking on this new corner section caused the inner 2 lane slots to be compressed. I opened lane 1 up using sandpaper wrapped around a fingernail file and need to do the same with the lane the X1 is in.

BUT, I sent track builder Brad Bowman an email today asking him to create new CNC files for new corner design. The newly routed corner section shown above is going to be replaced, but a similar situation is apt to happen with the new corners too unless I find a fix.

Good buy Slothead

Comment

.............................................HAVE FUN...............................!

Comment

• slothead
                  slothead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The car is an absolute beauty, my photos don't do it justice.

After this car gets a thorough thrashing about on the new oval and I have an idea what works best I expect to be in touch with you about parts or complete cars to grow this new series.

Ahhh yeah!
                -Harry

Comment

Yes Slothead enjoy that car. It's a beauty.
                  Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

that's a great looking car. Going to need to find some bodies.

Comment

Name:	Strangebrew X1 a.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	837.9 KB
ID:	47732 Here's a better closeup.

Comment

Yup it’s a honey too bad the bidding went out of my budget

Comment

If any of you guys are like me this car brings back memories of the joy of sitting in the stands at a Saturday night short track as a field of similar cars took to the track for the first heat of the night. In a few hours 24 or so of these ground pounding monsters would be speeding through turn 4 on their way to take the green flag to start the feature race - 30 laps of controlled mayhem to see who got to victory lane this week.

Nothing could be better on a warm and balmy summer evening.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1