Announcement

Collapse

For Sale Forum Rules

1. Please list multiple cars/items in one topic if possible. This reduces the clutter on the portal view.
2. Please include prices in your post or at least a "make offer".
3. Please respond to PM (private message) or provide valid email for contact.
4. If you post and do not respond to customer posts or email, the topic will be deleted.
See more
See less

Wanted. Revell Monogram Stock Car Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted. Revell Monogram Stock Car Chassis

Looking for a Revell/ Monogram stock car chassis. New, used. Bare or complete. Thanks

Which car? I don't think they are all the same.

Comment

• WB2
      WB2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe Fords are the same but Chargers are different.
      I have some printed pod chassis if interested.

• dge467
      dge467 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm interested. I need the Ford wheels base.

• Fathead59
      Fathead59 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a couple of those cars and looked at them , and other than where the put the exhaust pipes and how many exhaust pipes that they use the chassis are the same

I have a few of them myself , and it looks like the all are the same , other than where the exhaust pipes are located . They are also side winders , not inline .

Comment

• Silberpfeil
      Silberpfeil commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you notice an improvement in performance with these?

• Fathead59
      Fathead59 commented
      Editing a comment
      I really can't tell you that , haven't really ran them much . I was just making a comment that they were side winders not in-line

What I have: https://www.shapeways.com/product/GE...li=marketplace . Also have one for the Charger. Use sidewinder or inline SlotIt pods.
    This guy lists different models for Fairlanes, Galaxies, Chargers, and Plymouths. Amato shows one for Galaixes and Fairlanes. IIRC there is a minor wheelbase difference in the Fords.
    Looks like Monogram factory chassis are a bit hard to find.

Comment

• Silberpfeil
      Silberpfeil commented
      Editing a comment
      There we go...

Thanks for the help guys. The front axle was adjustable on these. It is the ford wheel base though.
    Last edited by dge467; December 1, 2021, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Those RL chassis on shapeways are done by REDLYNER, a forum member here. I bought one for a '63 Galaxie a few years ago. Good looking chassis.

Comment

Ok , I do have a question . Most of the chassis on Shapeways need a motor pod , which pod goes with those types of chassis ? Most of the cars I have do not have pods that is why I am asking

Comment

• Redlynr
          Redlynr commented
          Editing a comment
          Any slot.it inline or sidewinder pod will work with my chassis, except for the one that says INLINE. Sidewinder pod matches the stock chassis layout...

Here’s a photo of the Fairlane chassis by REDLYNER, along with a 3D sidewinder pod by Devis Designs (no longer available but a SlotIt would suffice).

Click image for larger version

Name:	743C1875-4D2F-4F6D-9D05-574CAE0A74B4.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	135939 Click image for larger version

Name:	AD5FFE52-F8FD-4A74-A410-F0173EC034C1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	135938

I bought a number of podded chassis but decided to stick with modifying the stock chassis (new bushings, rear axle, gears, rear wheels, and motor) as Harry did in his Monogram hop up threads.

Comment

• dge467
          dge467 commented
          Editing a comment
          That works for me. Let me know what you need for it. Thanks.
      Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1