Announcement

Collapse

For Sale Forum Rules

1. Please list multiple cars/items in one topic if possible. This reduces the clutter on the portal view.
2. Please include prices in your post or at least a "make offer".
3. Please respond to PM (private message) or provide valid email for contact.
4. If you post and do not respond to customer posts or email, the topic will be deleted.
See more
See less

Pioneer Legend Proxy '37 Chevy - Gulf livery *** SOLD ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer Legend Proxy '37 Chevy - Gulf livery *** SOLD ***

First person to pledge a $90 donation to HRW gets this proxy car (shipping included). If no one offers by Friday (Nov. 12th) I'll make the donation and keep the car. Either way HRW wins.

Slothead Racing entered 2 cars in the recently concluded proxy. One of them was a #69 Pioneer P062 '37 Chevy Sedan Gulf Livery that was tuned by REL13. I supplied the RTR car and REL13 used his experience to do the tuning with aftermarket rear axle, gears, wheels, and tires. The car performed admirably with 4 top 10 finishes in the 11 race series. The #69 finished 7th in race 5, 8th in races 9 and 11, and 10th in race #8.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Slothead #69 proxy car.jpg Views:	55 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	130871

Click image for larger version  Name:	Slothead Racing #69 Gulf Chevy.jpg Views:	49 Size:	8.5 KB ID:	130872

REL13 and I agreed that when the proxy was over the #69 would be offered for sale with the proceeds going to HRW. The Gulf Legends were very popular and are now out of stock at most dealers. Electric Dreams has it listed for $90. The proxy car is worth that based on original price for the RTR car plus tuning parts.
    Last edited by slothead; November 9, 2021, 02:27 PM.

This #69 car is a good running car. It has CBD wheels, Slot-it gears, zero grip tires on the front, The rear tires are still in good shape. Just clean the car up, and a little oil on the bearings and you are ready for the up coming season.
    Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
    Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Joe, I'll bite at that. $90 to HRW. Yes.

Where is the car now? Still with Robert? Can it stay with him?

Jules

Comment

Jules, I still have the car.
        Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

• Jules
          Jules commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you look after it for me until I decide what best to do with the car?

• slothead
          slothead commented
          Editing a comment
          That works for me. REL - if you end up shipping it to Jules let me know and I'll reimburse you for postage.

Very happy with how this turned out.

• REL13
          REL13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jules, I can hang on to it for as long as you want me to.

Thanks chaps. $90.00 already sent to HRW HQ.

Comment

Jules, Let me know what you want me to do with it. I will ship it to you. No problem. The rules for the 2022 season will be out soon. Thanks
          Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Thank you Robert. Look after it for me for now. Undecided what best to do at the moment.

Jules

Comment

• REL13
              REL13 commented
              Editing a comment
              Jules, Maybe you can enter it in the Pioneer Legends 2022 Proxy.
          Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1