Announcement

Collapse

For Sale Forum Rules

1. Please list multiple cars/items in one topic if possible. This reduces the clutter on the portal view.
2. Please include prices in your post or at least a "make offer".
3. Please respond to PM (private message) or provide valid email for contact.
4. If you post and do not respond to customer posts or email, the topic will be deleted.
See more
See less

WTB: Strombecker Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Strombecker Parts

Have an immediate need for a couple of Strombecker's "Pudding Bowl Helmet" driver heads. (Or replicas if available.) Also will be looking for various black plastic "frame" chassis and parts for same.

What'cha got?

Andre
    Andre Ming
    Poteau, OK

Andre, I have some spare body's, axles, wheels, an early style running chassis and later style 2piece chassis parts. However cross boarder freight is cardiac detrimental.

Cheers
    Randy
    Randy C
    Grindrod B.C.
    Canada

Comment

Which border? Canada? Can you PM me a list or some pics or something?

Andre
      Andre Ming
      Poteau, OK

Comment

Yes, Canadian border. Also have Strombecker XKE metal chassis kit. I'll try and post some pic later today.

Randy
        Randy C
        Grindrod B.C.
        Canada

Comment

I've seen some "reasonable" prices on eBay for shipments from Canada to the USA, so maybe there's hope?

Andre Ming
          Poteau, OK

Comment

Hi Andre, I am sure I have a few of the drivers heads you are looking for, but, I will not be able to confirm for a couple of days, as I am away from home at the moment.

I likely have a plastic and plastic/aluminium chassis as well.

Cheers
            Chris Walker

Comment

Originally posted by chrisguyw View Post
              Hi Andre, I am sure I have a few of the drivers heads you are looking for, but, I will not be able to confirm for a couple of days, as I am away from home at the moment.

I likely have a plastic and plastic/aluminium chassis as well.

Cheers
              Chris Walker
              You think you might have some "pudding bowl helmet" heads? (Strombecker's early 60s driver heads.)

Chassis parts would be good, too.

Get in touch when you can!

Andre
              Andre Ming
              Poteau, OK

Comment

Hi Andre, I am sure I have some of the Strombecker "pudding heads" ,...............but , just to make sure we are on the same page, is this what you are after ??

This is an original Strombecker Lotus X1X drivers head, on a non Strombecker torso

Click image for larger version

Name:	2003-12-31-23-00-00-51-copy.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	114249

Name:	2003-12-31-23-00-00-52-copy.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	114250

Cheers
                Chris Walker

Comment

Hi Chris!

Yes, that's the driver's head I'm after. Here's a picture of my cars that need such.

First up are the cars in my first set I purchased:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Set1_6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.2 KB ID:	114252

And here's a pic of the cars from my second set:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Set2_5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	285.8 KB ID:	114253

I have yet to receive either set. Tracking shows my Porsche/Lotus set to be arriving Saturday, and my Ferrari/Jag set to be arriving Monday. (It appears I'll also need tires for the Ferrari/Jag set.)

I intend to restore the cars and set elements to "like original" with no betterment's. I want them to look just like they did when shipped back in the early 60s. Later runners" I won't be as particular about and will enhance them as desired, but all sets w/original cars I will try to restore "like original" and enjoy them in their simplicity.

I figure there will also be other bits and pieces I'll need... but all in good time. I'm pretty excited about my re-entry into vintage, and I am intending to be in for the long term this go around. Lessons learned. (i.e. My previous sell-offs.)

Andre
                  Andre Ming
                  Poteau, OK

Comment

Hi Andre, I got home sooner than expected, so, had a look for "pudding heads.............

I did find three, but, as they were from poorly looked after cars that I bought for parts on ebay, they were poorly painted, and, missing their mounting posts..........so,.......I stripped the paint, (repaint decisions are up to you), drilled holes and inserted new styrene mounting posts,...you are good to go !!

I did leave the posts a tad on the long side, but, they are very easy to trim

Just need your mailing address
                    Cheers
                    Chris Walker

Name:	DSCN4765.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	114296

Comment

Excellent! Thanks Chris!

I've PM'd you my shipping address.

Andre