Announcement

Collapse

For Sale Forum Rules

1. Please list multiple cars/items in one topic if possible. This reduces the clutter on the portal view.
2. Please include prices in your post or at least a "make offer".
3. Please respond to PM (private message) or provide valid email for contact.
4. If you post and do not respond to customer posts or email, the topic will be deleted.
See more
See less

Wanted Tire Truer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Tire Truer.

Hey All,

For months I have been trying to get a tire truer. I have tried shops everywhere in the USA and Australia. My preference would be a tire razor, however the suppliers don't have stock. Would also consider a second hand unit.

Cheers

Did you try Slot Car Corner? Oops....I see that the Tire Razor is out of stock there. If you need to true tires that are on a stock plastic wheel/axle assembly the Tire Razor is the way to go. For tires on set screw wheels a Hudy would be a good choice, especially if you were doing silicone tires.
    Last edited by RichD; July 22, 2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• oldskool62
      oldskool62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Rich. Yeah mostly for plastic front and rear.

Thanks by th way for the feedback.

If this helps ??................. "Scale Racing Center Toronto" has a couple of new Hudy's in stock,......saw them yesterday !!

Scale Racing Center Toronto is Ernie Mosettis' new(ish) shop.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Comment

• oldskool62
      oldskool62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Chris hope you are well. As I said previously it is for mostly plastics.

Isn't there a version of the Tire Razor that does both

Comment

Just this past Saturday I purchased a Professor Motor brand tire truing machine, part number PMTR1401A, on eBay. The Professor Motor site says they are out of stock. The current eBay listing says the vendor has two more left. The price is the same from either source.

Mine has already been delivered and I've had a chance to try it out. It does what it claims to do, although I did substitute a different O-ring for the ones provided. I thought they were too short.

The unit can mount an entire axle at once, so it is not necessary to pull wheels off a knurled axle -- a major plus for some of the cheaper cars out there.

You do need to provide power -- 12 volts DC with at least 5 amps available.

I have not tried it on silicone tires, but it does a good job on urethane and rubber tires. I have also used it to true the OD of plastic wheels. I think that is worth doing. Again, you can do the whole axle -- front or back -- as a unit.

Ed Bianchi
      Ed Bianchi
      York Pennsylvania USA

Comment

• oldskool62
        oldskool62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ed I will get on to it.

The problem with silicone tires is that they will quickly coat your sanding medium and render it useless until the gunk is removed. The Hudy has a sanding drum so the media does not get clogged up as quickly. If you squirt soapy water on the drum and tire the coating will not build up. Hardware stores sell gum rubber blocks to clean your sanding media.

Comment

Their are two on eBay 230 each new

Comment

• oldskool62
          oldskool62 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll get on to ebay now.

I know this doesn’t help but what happened to RazorJon who makes the Tire Razor?

Comment

• oldskool62
          oldskool62 commented
          Editing a comment
          I contacted him yesterday and rightfully so he pointed me to Carrera slot and Slot Car Corner.

• jfuente
          jfuente commented
          Editing a comment
          I just received mine from him last week. It took a bit of time, about a week and a half from contacting via e-mail but again, I believe he's just a one man shop. In that regard, he was incredibly prompt!

I have one of the PMTR1401 left in stock.
        Mike
        https://cloverleafracing.com/product...oducts_id=2430
        Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
        web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
        YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1