X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dinglebery
    commented on 's reply
    Too late for wiremold, there's a hole in the wall!! Much better way to do it IMHO - be sure to run some CAT6 along with the HDMI cables - it can be used for a multitude of things in the future!

• mattb
    commented on 's reply
    Wiremold? Easy to use and you can paint it.

• Slot Car Corner
    replied
    I built a table in the corner for the computer, monitor, keyboard and mouse. I was going to build a compartment right on the track for the computer but decided this would work better. I've cut a chase into the wall so I can run my electric and monitor cable into the attic and down into the monitor housing in front of the drivers. I'll cover the chase with a 1 x 6 board painted to match the wall. If it seems like I'm moving a little slow it's because I've been playing on the track. lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210104_181101.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	74163

Leave a comment:

• Slot Car Corner
    replied
    I framed up my monitor housing. It will hold four monitors, three for the drivers and one for the race director. It hangs over the track about 4' from the drivers and 6 1/2' from the floor. The monitors will be angled down so they are easier to see.

Name:	20210108_165433.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	74161

Leave a comment:

• Slot Car Corner
    replied
    Here's what they look like when installed.

Name:	20210108_170547.jpg
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	74159

Leave a comment:

• Slot Car Corner
    replied
    Then I use my drill with an allen driver to screw it in place. I use a little pressure to make sure the braid is pushed down tight and the threads get a good bite from the start. Don't forget to lubricate the threads.

Name:	20210106_172005.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	826.7 KB
ID:	74157

Leave a comment:

• Slot Car Corner
    replied
    I start by using a center punch with a point on it to open up the hole.

Name:	20210108_165642.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	74155

Leave a comment:

• Slot Car Corner
    replied
    I'm trying a new product that Slot Car Corner is considering marketing. It's a connector for copper braid at the joints to make sure you have maximum contact and to make sure the braid stays down. They also make it much easier to make the connection since you are working from the top and don't have to crawl under the track to make the connections. They are 1/2" long grub screws sized to work with Slot Car Corner braid in a 7/32" hole. I've done some experimenting with them before trying them on my track and I've found that they have great holding power, they don't cut the braid and you can take them in and out a number of times and they still hold. I also found out that if you lubricate them before installing them they screw in much easier and don't twist the braid at all. I used the braid cleaner/conditioner that I use on my slot cars, one drop does the job. Here's what the joint looks like before installing the connector.

Name:	20210108_165623.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	74151

Leave a comment:

• Pappy
    commented on 's reply
    Bob, you know she didn't do all the hard work, someone had to keep an eye on her. lol

• Tuner28
    replied
    Butch be honest, you know Audrey did all the hard work that your’e taking credit for!

Leave a comment:

• Fathead59
    commented on 's reply
    After you are done it will be fun again

• Pappy
    commented on 's reply
    My wife was driving but I have to take the credit because I taught her how to do it. lol

Yes, the clicking is her releasing the trigger all the way. She's mostly full throttle or full off. She likes to use a lot of brake and drive deep into the corner to sucker in the competition. lol

• dinglebery
    commented on 's reply
    Is the loud clicking I hear you releasing the trigger completely?

Ohh... and AMAZING TRACK!!!!!!!

• mattb
    commented on 's reply
    Who was driving for you?

• SCC_Steve
    replied
    This is a Slot It Group C Lancia with the stock orange endbell motor in a sidewinder configuration. I'm in the high 7.9's on Yellow and Orange and 8.2's on Red. I'm sure it will get faster as we get more laps on the track. You have a tendency to want to go to fast around the large turn at the end of the top straightaway but you have to drive it like a flat track because it is. There's a little positive banking in that turn but not enough to just punch it when you get into the turn. You can punch the little kink to the left on the bottom straightaway but it makes the car to wild to go through the sharper kink to the right. That one's going to take some practice to really get good at it. If you listen to the video you can hear everytime I hit the brake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
UA-149438709-1