Comment

• Audi1
      Audi1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Birthday, Butch!

• Pappy
      Pappy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Allan, I always look forward to my next birthday. Getting old doesn't bother me a bit, not everyone gets to experience getting old. As you know it has it's advantages and disadvantages.

A friend of mine is an attorney. He had a real old guy in his office one day and asked him how old he was. The old guy said "I'm 93 years old". My friend said "Wow, I can't imagine living to be 93 years old". The old guy shook his finger at my friend and said "Well sonny, If you don't make it, you ain't missed much". lol

• Audi1
      Audi1 commented
      Editing a comment
      .....,more truth to that than I'd like to admit...............

• I've got the vents on the back side of the monitor unit. Not sure I needed them but just in case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210131_170418.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	920.9 KB
ID:	80332

Comment

• I've the 1/8" thick plywood skirting on the inclines. Here's the one coming downhill hiding the wiring before it was capped and painted.

Name:	20210130_174119.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	80334

Comment

• Here it is capped and painted. The round hole is for access to the electrical switch.

Name:	20210205_103747.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	80336

Comment

• The chase has been capped and painted to match the wall. I'm going to build a small shelf on drawer slides where the race director sits to put the keyboard and mouse on when we're racing. That fifth monitor on the table sometimes messes up the four monitors over the track. I think the signal is just not strong enough for all of them.

Name:	20210206_175010.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	80338

Comment

• dinglebery
            dinglebery commented
            Editing a comment
            It's probably a resolution issue... you might want to look into PowerStrip Video. Or like JTK mentions, it's probably worth it to install a second video card to run the monitor at the desk alone.

• Pappy
            Pappy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the tips. I tried to find a signal booster on Ebay but I guess there is no such thing. I've got one on my TV antenna so I was hoping they made them for computer monitors.

• JTK
            JTK commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. Now it sounds even more like you'd benefit from the new video card. Nothing fancy. Cheapest one that fits your machine should do. It really does not take much graphics capability to power the average race management screen.

• All the inclines on both ends are covered and painted. That's the power pack under the red lane driver station.

Name:	20210206_132516.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	80340

Comment

• View from the other end. I've still got a little trim work to do and a lot of cleaning to do.

Name:	20210206_132453.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	995.1 KB
ID:	80342

Comment

• dinglebery
              dinglebery commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, it looks awesome!!

• MrM_Bell
              MrM_Bell commented
              Editing a comment
              The screws showing on the outside does have a nice touch.

• Pappy
              Pappy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, those are drywall screws with finish washers under the heads.

• Being local I was invited to check out the new track last Friday. Butch did an incredible job coercing Audry into building this track! She was even cleaning it, when I got there!
            Nice Job Butch looking forward to future racing events.

Comment

• Pappy
              Pappy commented
              Editing a comment
              Bob, when she saw you trying to run laps on the track she cried. She thought she had really built a crappy track. I had to explain to her you drive like that on everyone's track. lol

• Comment

• The detail work on the incline going up the hill is finished.

Name:	20210213_181346.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	968.7 KB
ID:	84965

Comment

• The race directors stand is built and has a place for a keyboard and mouse. I'm not sure if I'm going to like it or not, I can always make a new one if I don't. But at least I can see the monitors over the track so I can program a race from the stand and don't need the monitor at the table to program a race.

Name:	20210301_182312.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	84968

Comment

• I covered the area behind the lower level and painted it red. Later on I might put some scenery in there. Maybe cut an opening in the sidewall to make it look like an entrance to a pit area but before I do that I want to make sure I don't cut an opening where the cars smack the wall. I'll get Tuner 28 (Bob) to run some more laps on the track, he smacks the wall a lot. Just kidding Bob. lol

Name:	20210215_090402.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	84990

Comment

• Time to wrap it up.

The track is officially finished but I still have clean up to do before hosting a race. If I add any scenery or change anything I'll let you know.

First off I would like to thank Harry for allowing this build to be featured on Home Racing World. Thanks Harry

I also want to thanks Steve Sawtelle at Slot Car Corner for taking the time to post all the pictures and descriptions of the pictures. A special thanks to Steve and Bob at Slot Car Corner for carrying all the great products that made this build a whole lot easier, especially the pre-taped braid and the fantastic colored driver station panels. Thanks Steve and Bob

A big thank you goes out to Steve Ogilvie for his tips on how to build a track in a thread on Slotblog and for answering my questions when I contacted him. I wish I had seen how he builds his track joints before I started mine, if I had I’d have built them like he does. If there is a next time, I will. Thanks Steve

A special thanks goes out to all of you slot car racers that followed the build and for all the nice compliment along the way. Over 19,000 views, unbelievable! But in all honesty, I think half of them were me checking to see if I had any comments that I needed to answer. lol

Thanks "EVERYONE" and if you are ever close to the southwest corner of Ohio and want play on the track just let me know. It's in my pole barn so you are not inconveniencing me.
                    Butch

Comment

• arroldn
                      arroldn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Were is Southwest Ohio? Is that close to Dayton?

• Pappy
                      Pappy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oxford, Ohio. southwest of Dayton, northwest of Cincinnati on the Indiana boarder.

• See you at the end of the month Butch. Looking forward to racing on your new track when you have your next race with us.
                    Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
                    web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
                    YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

• Pappy
                      Pappy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll be there and I'm looking forward to the next Michigan 24 and Orange Barrel races.

• Originally posted by Slot Car Corner View Post
                    I covered the area behind the lower level and painted it red. Later on I might put some scenery in there. Maybe cut an opening in the sidewall to make it look like an entrance to a pit area but before I do that I want to make sure I don't cut an opening where the cars smack the wall. I'll get Tuner 28 (Bob) to run some more laps on the track, he smacks the wall a lot. Just kidding Bob. lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210215_090402.jpg Views:	18 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	84990
                    No problem Butch, I like smashing your cars!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    UA-149438709-1