Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HRW 1/25TH CLASSIC NASCAR SERIES – THE LAND BARGE SHOWDOWN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRW 1/25TH CLASSIC NASCAR SERIES – THE LAND BARGE SHOWDOWN!

OK, here are the rules for this series. I will have a video discussing it further.

CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES PAGE

Glad to see the interest!
    -Harry

I am In as Flynn! Now I need to go shop for a Barge. Just call me Admiral ALF!👽👽👽🛸🛸
    Area 51 Raceway North Carolina U.S.A

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh.
      Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
      Facebook-
      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
      YouTube-
      https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

Thanks for posting I have a 300c on hand it’s a barge but it’s also a1957 would it fit in ?
        Dave
        Peterborough Ont
        CANADA

Comment

• War Eagle River
          War Eagle River commented
          Editing a comment
          59-64 years only.

• 4424ever
          4424ever commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty minor differences between a 57 and a 60 that’s why I’m asking do I really need to change the grill

• HomeRacingWorld
          HomeRacingWorld commented
          Editing a comment
          I realize that sir, I do. But if I keep allowing more and more years as people are asking for...then it's just more than I can manage. YOU might understand what we are talking about, but some are just not getting it. Just had an email on a Camaro which I specifically mentioned was not allowed.

I want you in this for sure. Your a great builder. There is a ton of kits that match the years, please shop around and find one that works within the rules.

The "Video Here" link on the Rules Page isn't active for me.

For the motor, I see a Predator "Slim Can" 18k FF-050. Is that the one you mean? I have a Predator "Short Can" 18k FC-130 on hand, but I take it that it's not eligible?

Also, it looks like I might have trouble finding an appropriate driver figure. Pioneer is a good source for 1/32, but I'm not finding much for 1/25. Any suggestions?
        Last edited by bdsharp; August 1, 2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

It is the JAWS or New Long Can (FK180) only. The new motor is not here yet but will be soon.

Cloverleaf still has some JAWS HERE

I have some resin poured drivers. I'll PM you and get you a few if you like them.

I have not done the video yet. Not had time to finish.
        -Harry

Comment

• bdsharp
          bdsharp commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, the motor's not available yet. Thanks for the offer for drivers- I'm sure yours will do nicely.

• 18nascar
          18nascar commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Harry, I have two 1/25 kits on hand. They are 1959 El Camino and a 1961 Pontiac Catalina. Will either or both of these work? Thanks
          18nascar
          Neil

• HomeRacingWorld
          HomeRacingWorld commented
          Editing a comment
          El Camino? Huh? No I don't think so. That's not even close to what we are doing. The Pontiac is fine. Check the rules page. 1959-1964 NASCAR and we are talking the long barges.

Originally posted by bdsharp View Post
        The "Video Here" link on the Rules Page isn't active for me.

For the motor, I see a Predator "Slim Can" 18k FF-050. Is that the one you mean? I have a Predator "Short Can" 18k FC-130 on hand, but I take it that it's not eligible?

Also, it looks like I might have trouble finding an appropriate driver figure. Pioneer is a good source for 1/32, but I'm not finding much for 1/25. Any suggestions?
        You have to click on this for the rules page. Or try this direct link. https://homeracingworld.us/TeamHRW/h...arge-showdown/

Click image for larger version  Name:	5026412D-C43C-4CAB-924F-183D5BC55664.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	299.3 KB ID:	111810
        Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
        Facebook-
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
        YouTube-
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

Ok UPDATE

We will allow the NSR Baby King. It's very good and equal to the JAWS and new motor arriving.

Please refresh your rules link.
          -Harry

Comment

Message received 10 4 just wondering
            Dave
            Peterborough Ont
            CANADA

Comment

If anyone is looking , they have a 1959 Chrysler Imperial on the Hobbi Link web site . I hope that fills the bill as a land barge

Comment

Well buy it, build it and get in this? Just a goofy idea.
                -Harry

Comment

Harry , let me tell you something , all of my ideas are just a little bit goofy , keeps life interesting

Comment

• Fathead59
                    Fathead59 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And I was just wondering if that would have been considered as a land barge

• slothead
                    slothead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wouldn't it be cool if we put our 'heads' together and entered matching team cars? Maybe one red on top and blue on the bottom, and the other blue on top and red on the bottom. We might have had this conversation before.

• Fathead59
                    Fathead59 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    slothead , I appreciate the offer , really I do , but I am limited at what I can do . I enjoy coming to the forum and joining into the shared conversations about slot cars and building them and putting in my 2 cents about the hobby . You never know , there might be a day when a car comes in from me , be it either a 1/32 scale or a 1/24 scale . All I will hope that it is competitive

I'm hoping to partake in this inaugural event
                  TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
                  Warren, Ohio

Comment

Can these cars be built as a zipper?
                    Mark

Comment

• War Eagle River
                      War Eagle River commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not for this class. The Beach Racers are another story.

Well no, was gonna keep the tops on for this one. But that's a dang good idea....hmmmmm.
                    -Harry

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    UA-149438709-1