2021 Porsche Cup 997 Proxy Round #9 MID-BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Porsche Cup 997 Proxy Round #9 MID-BC

The cars are at MID-BC for race #9. I will be qualifying the cars tonight and post the qualifying results in the morning.

Lap 90’ long
    Track is rubber tire track, all rubber tire brands are very happy here.
    Dimensions 12’ x 21’
    Copper Tape
    11 Volts
    Flat Latex sanded smooth
    Race Coordinator
    All turns varying degrees created with flexible strip

Click image for larger version  Name:	283E06D8-FF21-48D0-9696-28AE2E38F749.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.53 MB ID:	159166
    Last edited by Cgyracer; April 19, 2022, 08:17 PM.

Beautiful track Rob!
    Team SCANC
    Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
    OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
    Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

• modernslots
      modernslots commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t know Steve- looks kind of rinky dink to me

• Fast Co.
      Fast Co. commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh. I see what you mean. The lack of detail inside the hairpin on the lower right of the photo is glaring!

Maybe a second career as a professional slot track builder, Rob? If only you could get Jay Leno to endorse you...

BTW, I love that Dunlop Bridge. Looks kind of familiar.

Haha thanks guys! Race #9 has been taking me a while to get set up and prepared for. Why does work get in the way of all my plans!?

I also wanted to mention that once this race is over the next round will be hosted by our friend Chrisguyw for the grand finale. You are in for a treat!

Rob

Comment

• Pepsi 62
      Pepsi 62 commented
      Editing a comment
      really looking forward to seeing the Porsches running on the MRslotcar track

Cars arrived in good shape and correctly positioned in the pockets with the guides freestanding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	17A13EFB-3269-4590-BCA1-11D601F5AC18.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	5.12 MB
ID:	159184 Click image for larger version

Name:	AC6761FA-D010-4762-BE4D-A3854AC1BABA.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	4.41 MB
ID:	159185

Comment

• Zcarfan
      Zcarfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's how to pack proxy cars! super cool!!!

Austin’s car has very bad wear on one rear tire. The adhesive used for the interior’s tray came loose causing the interior tray to ride on the rear tire and now rub on the spur gear. I’ll glue the interior back into position. Interior’s coming loose and causing damage to various degrees in proxy cars is not uncommon but I have never seen this amount of damage.

Name:	E8D5617B-FCEA-46FD-BBF8-0A567B83D717.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	159190 Click image for larger version

Name:	90494C01-C401-4CB7-9609-22B5DC62ABDF.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	159189

Comment

• Fast Co.
      Fast Co. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! What Loan Shark said. I've never seen that much wear done to a tire by a hanging interior.

• Austin
      Austin commented
      Editing a comment
      I know my cars just fall apart, Must of left some rubber on the tracks a the past

• Pepsi 62
      Pepsi 62 commented
      Editing a comment
      OUCH!!!!

Qualifying is over, here are the final results. Car were qualified in reverse order of the overall standings. The track has not been ran since the Revoslot proxy so I had to dry wipe the roadway with a microfiber cloth and then run numerous laps with a wide rubber Group 5 car and a narrow rubber Touring car to make sure the grip was as it should be. I was surprised my car had the fastest time as I was expecting RobNC's car to finish on top as it is a very confident drive and is extremely planted. Lots of very well built cars in this series, as you know it is anybody's game when it comes to a race, good luck everyone!

Name:	997 qualify.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	538.1 KB
ID:	159230

Comment

Alright in the top ten. Now the hunt for the podium
      Arrold Martin
      Nashville TN

Comment

I just want to finish the race
        Austin
        Merrimack, NH

Comment

Thanks Rob for qualifying the cars, congrats to RobNC, ChrisW and yourself on taking the top 3 Q positions. Look forward to seeing how the racing turns out

Comment

SirCgyRacer, thank you for the qualifying and of course that lovely chart of yours. Also Congratulations on toy TQ and SirRobNC for your podium and SirChrisGuyW the same. Good luck to all the builders on Raceday and hopefully a special guest can show up and drive these cars for us. We will have to wait and see
            The Jester
            of Da Lou (St. Louis) but from
            the Soxside (Chicago)

Comment

Hi guys quick update: apologies for not being able to run the race yet. I have been severely affected by the labor shortage and I have been working many hours. My worst day lately is Friday where I work 5:30AM to 10:30PM......yes that is 17 hours. Right now I am writing this from work as I was here at 5AM, not fun working weekends too!

Work can pay me to post on the forum today! If anyone is a Power Engineer, Boilermaker.........please come to Kelowna!

My plan now is to run this round on a day before I go to work, I will start a little later that day. I will try for this week and notify the boys.

Rob

Comment

• Leadfoot46
                Leadfoot46 commented
                Editing a comment
                I am going on a road trip with my son on Tuesday, “North to Alaska” as the song goes, lol. Good luck everyone!
                Leo

If there’s no SirCGYRacer post we know either your working, camping or watching the NHL playoffs no worries here
              Last edited by Brumos RSR; June 15, 2022, 06:38 PM.
              The Jester
              of Da Lou (St. Louis) but from
              the Soxside (Chicago)

Comment

Was just wondering as it,s a month since quali is their any news of this event happening.

Comment

• Loan Shark
                  Loan Shark commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's happening literally as I type this. Don't ask....

Race is complete. Results and photos to be posted later tonight.
                Loan Shark aka Matt
                I am Alive because Organ Donation Worked... TWICE
                Lake Country, BC, Canada
                Shark Pit: 38' Routed MDF

Comment

Thankyou for the Q round And Hope You Feel Better

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1