NEC 2020 race any interest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEC 2020 race any interest ?

Hi all, I had dinner last night with Steve Sawtelle and ran a Idea by him about having a NEC race at my house.

This is what it started as, The Corvette Challenge, 4 teams one 4hr race, each team will receive a new sealed corvette when they arrive along with a set of Quick slicks. everyone will have three hours to build and tune there car in witch the race will start around 12:30 after lunch.

I'm thinking if this goes off it will be around end of Jan or sometimes in Feb after things settle down from the holidays

Lets here some input, Thanks,Glenn
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SCC_Steve; November 16, 2019, 05:57 PM.

I was just thinking about an NEC Race this morning. What kind of Corvette?

Comment

Hello Glenn,

FYI - I took the liberty to send an email to the various club points of contact with a link to this thread. Hopefully we'll start getting some feedback.
      Steve - Connecticut, U.S.A. - Shoreline Model Raceways Club

Comment

I was just thinking about an NEC Race this morning. What kind of Corvette?
        To keep the playing field as level as possible, we will hold off announcing which brand of Corvette until the race nears.
        Last edited by SCC_Steve; November 18, 2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I'm interested, and will let the HOST guys know about this and will talk to them this Saturday.

everyone will have three hours to build and tune there car in witch the race will start around 12:30 after lunch.
          I'm sure Steve may have filled you in with what happened in Montreal recently, but does building and tuning mean we can add aftermarket parts? Or do we build and tune from what's in the box?

Comment

Current thinking is to keep the rules as simple as possible. Build and tune the car as it comes out-of-the-box - no aftermarket parts except:

1) Handout Quick Slicks silicone tires. No gluing/truing allowed
            2) Handout lead weight. If used, cannot be placed on the underside of the chassis.

Everything else is "box" stock.

Comment

We are looking for a fun filled non stressed day! Not a lot of rules and changes , There is a bunch of talented races within our New England group where this should be something that can take off and be a rotating yearly event with not a lot of cost and time involved

Comment

And big thanks to Steve he is defiantly going to be my wing man on this adventure !

Comment

Spreading the word with the Shoreline guys. I’m sure we can field a team.

Comment

Thanks a bunch we need to get everyone back together, we always seem to have a good time.

Comment

i think the nerf club is interested,especially the dominator

Comment

Good to here!!

Comment

We did discuss this last night, we were wondering which make of cars you were expecting to use. I see that you planned on announcing that closer to the race date. Most makes of 1/32nd cars use traction magnets and some of those can be a challenge to get running well without them. In that case a team that had some experience with the chosen make could have an unintended advantage.

Comment

No one will know what brand cars are to be handed out until they are received the morning of the race by the teams, We are trying to stop the teams to do pre build and testing before the race. The whole idea is build and race within the time allowed. Steve and myself are not racing so there will be no advantage to any team.

Comment

Steve and myself will be getting together one night next week to start to firm up this race and get a date set. If anyone has a conflicting date in February post here and we will do our best to work around everyone BUT that being said there is 4 and possibly 5 teams so that's a lot of guys to get together at once,
                              Thanks, Glenn

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              UA-149438709-1