No announcement yet.

8 hour Enduro at Main Street Racing, Windsor VT. Sept17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qualifying won't tell you anything, it's too easy for people to sandbag. Since it is an endurance race luck is 50% of winning it. I'm sure Dickie will know who the eight best racers are and make them the captains of the teams. Then just put the names of all the duffers (like Stott) into a bag and do a luck of the draw for teams. But what I wouldn't do is worry about wings being on the car if they are knocked off and I wouldn't let someone run someone else's car if theirs gets broken, they need to fix it. That's where the luck comes in in an endurance race.
    Butch Dunaway
    Oxford, Ohio

Comment

• War Eagle River
      War Eagle River commented
      Editing a comment
      So if you and I were to show up, where would we be placed in the pecking order? I have never been on this track, and assume you have never been either. Would we be placed on our stature or as newbies to that track. Sandbagging is easy enough to spot, especially when you know the capabilities of the racers.

• Pappy
      Pappy commented
      Editing a comment
      Dickie knows me and would probably stick me in the bag with Stott.

• dungeonracer
      dungeonracer commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't do that to you....

...or would I?

As I mentioned, we're probably going to pick teams the VT way.......
    We'll do our best to separate drivers according to skill level, something like pro and amateur.
    All the names will be put into 2 different hats. First pro name drawn will be on team 1, second pro name drawn will be on team 2, third pro name drawn will be on team 3, etc....
    ninth pro name drawn will go to team 1, tenth pro name drawn will go to team 2, eleventh pro name drawn goes to team 3, etc.....
    Same with the amateur drivers....

Is this the best way to ensure all teams all equal? No. IMHO, there isn't any way to ensure all teams are equal. There will always be 1 best team, and 1 worse team.
    This is simply the quickest and easiest way to form teams, and a great way to get people from different clubs to mingle and get to know each other. And that, folks, is the main goal I'm after with this event.
    We'll most likely form the teams either the night before or 1st thing in the morning.
    Do your best when you're on the track. You can check your lap count and fast lap after each heat and compare with your buddies if you want.
    And when you're off, relax and enjoy the comaderie that goes on.

I get it, some of you are worried you might get stuck with a "lousy" team, and will finish near the bottom. Take it as a challenge.
    Even if that happens, I am willing to bet you're going to have a good time.
    We just ran a 600 lap race using Pioneer Mustangs and Camaros this past weekend. Teams were picked via the method I described above. The top 4 teams finished within 7 laps of each other. Was it a fluke that the finish was so close? Most likely. Will it happen again? Probably not. But people got put with other people they didn't know, and they got to know those people better. At the end, there was a lot of hand shaking and "good jobs" happening. No one went away grumbling, not even the last place team (right Phil? )

The VT guys are a great group of guys, very hospitable, and eager to have this race and meet people from other places. And they have a great track.....

If this event turns out to be a success (which I've no doubt it will), we will most likely plan a longer enduro next year where we could have pre-formed teams from different clubs.
    Everything has to start somewhere, and maybe this event is the start of something bigger down the road.

So let's get signed up....

Dickie Pearson
    Canterbury, NH

HOST - Home Operated Slot Tracks
    MSR - Main Street Racing

Comment

Shouldn't a routed track flag be an option if the race is on a routed " commercial " track?

About how long does it take to do a lap on the track?
      It's a huge track!

I'm sure the race will be a BIG success!!

Comment

• dungeonracer
        dungeonracer commented
        Editing a comment
        Good question about the guide flag....
        Once the front tires are trued (which is allowed) and the front axle is set with provided set screws (also allowed), the guide isn't an issue. The cars are planted and handle quite nice.

Lap times are right around 12.0-12.5 second laps. We've seen a couple cars dip into the 11's.
        A 12 second lap means the car is traveling at better than 16' per second.

This is a great race for Robert Bianchi! Take it out of the box slap some tires on it and go race. Hahahahaha

Comment

• manchvegasracer
        manchvegasracer commented
        Editing a comment
        About all he has time for these days. He is retired yah know.

The 600 lap enduro was great even for finishing last. I had never met the team before that day and when we were done we all had fun I would share races with anyone of them again. Like dungeon racer said we have to start somewhere. Looking forward to this event and meeting more people who share my interest in slot car racing 😎

Comment

I’m looking forward to this race. And I could care less about the format or teams. Honestly, with handout tires and very little you can change on the cars, I think it will be fairly close with mixed teams and guys running their own cars. I’m also more than happy to help new folks work on their cars and get them more competitive. More importantly, It will be a fun opportunity to run on a new track (8 lanes) and meet some new folks. As long as I beat Bob, I’ll be fine 🤣🤣. Thanks Dickie for setting this up and organizing. Please let me know how I can help. I already have three cars on the bench for this race.

- Josh

Comment

• Wingman7738
          Wingman7738 commented
          Editing a comment
          Let’s all beat Bob then go hang out at the Space Bar! 😂

• FC47
          FC47 commented
          Editing a comment
          Geez, that's the spirit. Well, ok!

I am looking forward to it, prepping one car and might pick up another.
        The track is cool and has a good rhythm to it, and the crew there is great-like you been racing in the cellar for decades. I'm not bringing a seat insert, Wingman, I'm bringing a milk crate to stand on.
        Cheers,
        Paul

Comment

• Wingman7738
          Wingman7738 commented
          Editing a comment
          They have booster steps for the vertically challenged racers! Lol

• FC47
          FC47 commented
          Editing a comment
          Already reserved!

Made a trip up to MSR track a couple weeks ago with johns67373.
        What a cool track!
        It was huge, with lots of straights & challenging corners too!
        Everyone there was friendly & treated the "new" guys great.
        If your in the area, or just want to take a road trip like we did it's a fun track to run on.
        They also sell cars, parts, and very cool t-shirts.
        Main Street Racing Slot Car Track | Windsor VT (mainstreetracingvt.com)

Comment

• dungeonracer
          dungeonracer commented
          Editing a comment
          So....care to join us for the 8 hour race?

• Norman
          Norman commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably not.
          Not being able to put a deeper guide on is a deal breaker for me.
          I don't have a tire truer, ( hard to find, and too expensive for me ) so wouldn't be able to get the front end down low enough to allow the stock flag to work on that track.
          Bet it'll be a good race though!

You need to get those Shoreline guys to enter.
          Unless they're too chicken!

• REL13
          REL13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Norman, I am in the Shoreline group, and I am entered. why don't you enter so I can meet you in person? how's that HO controller working?

3 more entries signed up over the weekend.
        We're now at 19..
        13 spots left
        Dickie Pearson
        Canterbury, NH

MSR - Main Street Racing

Comment

11 spots left...
          Dickie Pearson
          Canterbury, NH

MSR - Main Street Racing