Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Picture Issues...I Guess

This question is for the Forum Moderator(s):

On November 1st I was able to download and post several of my photos without any problem: I started a new thread (in that same category) on the 4th, and initially the photos I posted were fine, but a fellow member responded by saying he couldn't see them, and when I went back to that post, they weren't (and still aren't) visible to me either.

What gives? I took the same steps to download the photos on the 4th as I did on the 1st: in fact, as near as I can tell, there's only one way to do it anyway...

Please explain so I can post pictures.

Mark in Oregon

We've taken a look at the post in question and can see what appear to be missing links to photos. Unfortunately we have no way to determine exactly what happened nor can we recreate the error. If you are linking to an external photo hosting site, we would recommend uploading your photos instead (refer to video tutorial in the "Forum Help" for details).
    Steve - Connecticut, USA - Team HRW

Comment

Thank you Steve.

I have always posted photos (on any forum) from: my phone to my mac (in "downloads") then directly to the Forum site(s). No "middle man" involved.

What I find especially odd here is that initially the photos were there; then they were gone. I have been active on many Forums, and this is a first.; and as I mentioned elsewhere, I never had any issues posting photos on the old site.

I may (or may not) bother to re-post them, as I have already deleted them from this computer, so I'd have to re-take them, and I'm not sure it's worth it...they weren't all that great anyway!

Mark in Oregon

Comment

Hello Mark,

Suggest trying to post a picture in the Test Forum just to see what happens?

Comment

Trying here...

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	5146

...can you see it?

Mark in Oregon

Comment

10 minutes later; so far so good...

Perhaps what happened on my other post was what my old print-shop boss used to call "an anomaly"...(?)

Mark in Oregon

Comment

Yes - can see your image. Like you said, the previous (missing) photos must have been an "anomaly"

Comment

YAY!

Thank you Steve; my faith in humanity has been restored.

Mark in Oregon

Comment

May I make a small suggestion?

It might benefit if you named your files with a naming convention such as "myjag1" and without the use of characters such as the "-" like in the above photo (unamed-2).

Sometimes these anomaly's are the failure of the host software to interpret these characters. Sometimes.

Our photo hosting will add a string behind it when uploaded. It identifies a number for the user and then subsequent file/image.

Because it adds a file string to it unlike the old "IMG" tags. Yours is: fetch?id=5146&d=1573056724. Adding dashes, asterisks, etc sometimes causes a display issue.

I wish I knew why...but I don't. In the above case its fine for now, nice car. But we will watch this and if it goes away, let's try a new approach if possible.

Just sharing.
                  -Harry

Comment

Okay.

I get what you're saying: I didn't realize I was doing that (adding quotation marks) but I'll watch for it just the same.

Thanks; for both the suggestion and the compliment on the "Jag"...see I did it again!

Mark in Oregon

Comment

OK lol, my mistake. The quote marks are fine...it's the dash - that might cause issues.

"See they are ok"
                      -Harry

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      UA-149438709-1