Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noddaz
    replied
    I would guess that 80% of the "guests" are bots.

But I am just a bot myself, go figure.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• slothead
    replied
    I'm on HRW much more than I check email so I log in to see messages and notifications. On the older PC I'm using now it remembers my login info so I just have to click once and I'm ready to participate fully. On my Chromebook it clears out all files when shut down so I have to type in my username and password each time, so I'm more likely to just read stuff till I see something I want to respond to.

HRW is my only 'social media' activity. Don't have a smart phone and don't want one. Old Skool and loving it!

Leave a comment:

• dinglebery
    replied
    I'm always signed in. I really enjoy the Slot Car community/hobby and in order to contribute I need to be a member across the board.

Leave a comment:

• dinglebery
    commented on 's reply
    I'm guessing you have multiple people using the computer, some with "wild imaginations" I'm guessing? Otherwise, if its just you there's really no need for the lock-down you have on the browseR. Use one browser to do all your normal surfing, like FireFox, and use another for all your "questionable topics" like Chrome. I've been doing it this way since before the internet existed without issue.

• dinglebery
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the youtube link - I subscribed!

• Mitch58
    replied
    Since I'm usually the only one using this old computer, Mine is set to just stay signed in all the time.

Leave a comment:

• TuscoTodd
    replied
    I only log in 50% of the time. Basically if I want to post something I log in, if not, I just visit and read.

Leave a comment:

• dreinecke
    replied
    Security.

My browsers are configured to not remember any passwords and dump all cache when I close them. Period.

As for lurking - I simply just can’t find the time most days to do more than look at the top posts.

if someone wants to get ahold of me, I get an email that there is a PM awaiting me.

The comments are correct regarding FB - I hate it, but it seems to be how people like communication these days.

Leave a comment:

• slothead
    replied
    I was a visitor for a year or two before finally signing in so I could PM a guy selling some bodies. I'm guessing most visitors just haven't found found the incentive yet to become a member.

All I can add is it's easy, free, and requires no confidential info to join HRW. You won't end up on any mailing lists and I can honestly say there's no downside to being a member. It's a great community and I check in all the time to ask questions or post comments. Without the fun of sharing this hobby with others I wouldn't be getting near as much enjoyment out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Fathead59
    replied
    Kevan , i think that even if those people are not posting doesn't mean they are not picking up info .

Leave a comment:

• Kevan
    replied
    Looking through the members list there's 322 that have never even posted.

Leave a comment:

• Fathead59
    replied
    I want to say that I am glad I found this site . Because it's members will answer any questions on building cars and tracks .

Leave a comment:

• HomeRacingWorld
    replied
    Well, most of the "members only" sections of some forums require a FEE. This is how they make a living.

I won't be doing that.

After running a forum for a few days now, I can say there are many folks who visit, read, and email me from time to time.

They are just not "forum" people.

We have designed this forum to be the fastest loading possible. It is "responsive" which means mobile friendly. There are simply as many, if not more of you logging on using a mobile device as a desktop.

There are those that don't do Facebook. But our Facebook group is massive. I have approved over 200 members in the past week.

The Youtube channel is also quite busy.

Visit here and subscribe if you want to check it out.

I feel that the numbers shown indicates a good following for our hobby.

And that people ARE reading and learning from those of you who take the time to post information.

We can try a new thread in order to invite those visitors to join in, but just don't expect too much As I stated...some folks just are not comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch58
    replied
    I thought they were called "Lurkers"

Leave a comment:

• DRW-FJ40
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisguyw View Post

I probably did not word this appropriately.......I was trying to get input on why you folks think we have so many" Visitors"as opposed to "Members".........and is there anything to be done to get a few of these folks to join in ??.......never a bad thing in a Hobby this small to sign up some new blood

Cheers
    Chris Walker
    One thing that could be done is to have members only sections. Some forums, the "keep me logged in" doesn't seem to work as well as others. I mention this because it I notice it right away when I see certain sections of the forum blocked for "members only". I don't know if that's why they do it or if it helps to get the visitors to sign up but... I think it get's to your question.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
UA-149438709-1