Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question to all - Places to race locator - in Ohio and other places

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • question to all - Places to race locator - in Ohio and other places

    So from reading forum(s), we are mostly middle aged (at least), meaning all raised kids and are into the hobby to have some fun and relive the past. No real threat to lol...

    Are there any groups within each others cities that are just coming together in groups of 3-5 or so and just have fun coming together to have a good time in each other’s houses?

    It just seems like we are some unimposing quiet types that are just trying to race in between our honey-do lists.

    If I am in left field, let me know as well.

  • #2
    Canada, Colorado, and washington have clubs that have multiple tracks near each other. They have formed group that races at a different track each week..I havent heard of any in Ohio.
    The old forum had a map that you could put a pin location for your town and you could see people near you and contact them thru a PM. The app was seperate from the HRW forum and was free for awhile. than either the site decided to charge$$ for it, or the free part was filled and when it went over that number of users, it stopped working and wanted to charge HRW a fee for using it.

    We might suggest something like that again. Maybe just a thread and seperated by state. You could put a location and maybe a picture or two. thread under clubs or tracks. readers roads has couple of entries of tracks and locations, maybe a sticky there?
    Last edited by lance; January 4, 2020, 03:14 PM.
    Lance Sofa racer

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Fast Track View Post
      ...

      Are there any groups within each others cities that are just coming together in groups of 3-5 or so and just have fun coming together to have a good time in each other’s houses?

      ....
      Your not far from a group of us that do something similar to what you are talking about!
      You can get a little bit of a feel for our "fun" by checking out the following threads and associated FB link below.
      (Drop me a PM if you would like me to let you know the next scheduled race)


      https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/hrw-s...beach-raceways

      https://www.homeracingworld.us/viewt...hp?f=8&t=21119

      https://www.homeracingworld.us/viewt...hp?f=8&t=20353

      https://www.homeracingworld.us/viewt...hp?f=8&t=20563

      https://www.facebook.com/AKCOHO/?eid...gSNnKIEbKuWDhX



      Comment


      • #4
        We have a group of about 10- 1/32 racers in the Buffalo area. We alternate Tuesday racing between 2 , 3 lane analog MDF track. Great times. Most cars are slot.it cars.

        Comment


        • #5
          The Minneapolis area has a couple commercial tracks at Scale Model Supplies in St. Paul. There is a tri-oval and a Euro Englemann. However, the track is only open on Saturdays.

          We have a regular group of 5-6 guys that get together once a week to race, but we aren't super competitive. Mostly racing for fun and giving each other crap. We usually race at Smithtown Speedway (2 lane Carrera), but The Grotto (2 lane Scalex) and Timberline Trace (2 lane MDF) get into the rotation every once in a while. If you are ever in the area, drop us a line. We love visitors and have plenty of cars available.
          Come Race at The Trace!
          Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

          Comment


          • #6
            Another place you may want to check out - if you haven't been there already - is Bad L Hobbies: https://www.facebook.com/badlhby/
            They are in Middleburg Heights

            Comment


            • #7
              Checkout https://www.facebook.com/groups/361135247884578/.

              We are a NE Ohio based group of Carrera Digital & Analog 1/32 slotters in the Cleveland/Akron area. About 4-5 of us rotate hosting home races every other weekend, from 60' - 110' tracks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TuscoTodd View Post

                Your not far from a group of us that do something similar to what you are talking about!
                You can get a little bit of a feel for our "fun" by checking out the following threads and associated FB link below.
                (Drop me a PM if you would like me to let you know the next scheduled race)


                https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/hrw-s...beach-raceways

                https://www.homeracingworld.us/viewt...hp?f=8&t=21119

                https://www.homeracingworld.us/viewt...hp?f=8&t=20353

                https://www.homeracingworld.us/viewt...hp?f=8&t=20563

                https://www.facebook.com/AKCOHO/?eid...gSNnKIEbKuWDhX


                Thanks I will take a look at links and pm you!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bobbyraz49 View Post
                  We have a group of about 10- 1/32 racers in the Buffalo area. We alternate Tuesday racing between 2 , 3 lane analog MDF track. Great times. Most cars are slot.it cars.
                  Thanks for info, maybe Ohio grows to such a level that we would travel there, maybe 4 hours away!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by UglyBagofWater View Post
                    Checkout https://www.facebook.com/groups/361135247884578/.

                    We are a NE Ohio based group of Carrera Digital & Analog 1/32 slotters in the Cleveland/Akron area. About 4-5 of us rotate hosting home races every other weekend, from 60' - 110' tracks.
                    Thanks! Iam getting great info, just to think I was afraid to post!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Fast Track View Post

                      ...just to think I was afraid to post!
                      We’ve all been there, I lurked for QUITE a while. It’s intimidating at first, but unlike some forums - no worries about experiencing snobbery here at HRW.

                      Happy slotting, eh
                      Tom in Calgary

                      Founding member of Rocky Mountain Racers, a 1/32 club based in Calgary, Alberta Canada: http://www.facebook.com/rockymtnracers
                      Canada’s Tourist Trophy Event Founder and Organizer: http://www.facebook.com/touristtrophycanada

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Fast Track View Post

                        Thanks! Iam getting great info, just to think I was afraid to post!
                        Never be afraid to post here. Everyone has the same intention. and that is to make this hobby even more enjoyable.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In the Portland area we have 6 routed tracks in both 1/32 and 1/24 scales including one former commercial track, we also have a couple of plastic tracks and a couple of HO tracks that we race T-Jets on.

                          We get a lot of variety, but on the other hand that is a lot of cars to build and maintain.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1