Posting photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting photos

Lately I have not been able to post images like I used to, choosing the size and placement in the post. I click on the camera icon and upload an image from my photo gallery, but no options appear. Only get to add attachment as a small image. Has something changed or is it the usual (for me) user error?
    Also, didn’t there used to be a way to select “more options” when posting a reply that made it easier to post a more complex reply?
    Last edited by Mickey thumbs; October 9, 2021, 03:47 PM.
    Mike V.
    Western North Carolina

Originally posted by Mickey thumbs View Post
    Lately I have not been able to post images like I used to, choosing the size and placement in the post. I click on the camera icon and upload an image from my photo gallery, but no options appear. Only get to add attachment as a small image. Has something changed or is it the usual (for me) user error?
    Also, didn’t there used to be a way to select “more options” when posting a reply that made it easier to post a more complex reply?
    I find 'Upload Attachments' below 'Write something' is the easiest way to add photos and I get to choose the size.
    Bram,
    CHCH NZ

Comment

To the best of our knowledge, nothing has changed with the photo album feature. Photos you select from a photo album will appear at the end of your post as a thumbnail. You can click on the thumbnail to view a larger version of the image.

If you want to control placement of a picture (and size), check out this video tutorial.

Adding Photos to Your Post

Be sure the cursor is where you want to insert the picture as shown in the tutorial. The tutorial shows a window where you adjust the size (the tutorial just takes the default size) - look in the lower left corner and you will see where you can adjust the length and width.

You can also use the "Upload Attachments" button to insert a picture within your post (again, be sure the cursor is where you want to insert the picture). Once the picture is uploaded, you will see several preset sizes you can choose from.

You can toggle the advanced editor on/off - check out this video tutorial to see how.

Turning advanced editor on/off

Hope this helps.

Steve - Connecticut, USA - Team HRW

Comment

Thanks guys. For some reason after the upload completes, I no longer get the thumbnail with the preset sizes anymore. I’ ll reboot my system and see if that helps. This is the first time this has happened since I joined in 2019.

Just figured it out. Somehow I accidentally toggled the left button of the three in the top row. Fat fingers on an iPad mini led to yet another “user error”. 🤨
        Last edited by Mickey thumbs; October 9, 2021, 07:16 PM.
        Mike V.
        Western North Carolina

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1