3d car printing-Area 71's cars are gorgeous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d car printing-Area 71's cars are gorgeous

Area 71 sent me a few samples of some recent cars and I'm really impressed with the quality of the craftsmanship.
    Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

It's all about the quality of the CAD file, and the material/process. And with the right combinations they are light and raceable, comparable to Fly cars and Slot.It classics.
    They do take some work......but yes, 3DP is here if you want cars that will never get built, otherwise.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Another great video Dave! Are you going to make a video of the building of one of the cars? Inquiring minds want to see...

356?
      Yessssssss.......

Scott (Who wants a 356)
      Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

There are several 356 files available..... These are basic files, but now there are higher resolution files available.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20190622-132218.jpg Views:	3 Size:	3.34 MB ID:	99335
        Last edited by chappyman66; May 20, 2021, 09:47 AM.
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Originally posted by noddaz View Post
          Another great video Dave! Are you going to make a video of the building of one of the cars? Inquiring minds want to see...

356?
          Yessssssss.......

Scott (Who wants a 356)
          You should ask Kitmen about one of the 356's his daughter makes. Cast resin bodies - they are really sweet!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=98022&d=1620754324.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	99343
          Attached Files

Comment

Great video Dave. Even though they are a decent amount of work I am so happy with the performance and looks of the cars when completed that I am easily persuaded to build another.

Shipping was the real problem for me, that is why I keep a bunch on the shelf now!

Zack

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1