Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes more news-Big Carrera news!

Some Carrera news in this video.
    Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

thanks dave, always good stuff
    bill ,framingham ma

Comment

Too bad about the C8R. Was looking forward to that one. By the way nice haircut!
      Dave
      Saginaw Valley Raceway
      Only Rule: Just enjoy who you are racing with.

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
        Dave Kennedy commented
        Editing a comment
        High and tight.

Looking forward to the 1/24 C8's as well But they weren't due until 4th quarter anyhow, which pretty much meant Christmas [if we were lucky]. So hopefully they will be no later than 1st quarter 2021

Comment

Great vid DK!! That sucks as I had them (C8R-1/32) already pre-ordered so now it will be a long waiting game for them...oh well!!
        TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
        Warren, Ohio

Comment

Long wait to get a C8?, just like the real thing.
          Take heart...at least the Scalextric Batmobiles are hitting the beaches, just got an email for the pre-order saying they are going to be taking my money .
          I wonder why no boy wonder? The Polar lights one may work? I wonder?
          Allan

Comment

dunno why no Robin the Batmobile. I'll ask them and see what they say. That car is arriving within the next week I believe here in the US BTW.
            Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
            Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

Comment

I was unable to find the article, but I read an interview with the Scalextric designer that was responsible for this car and the way she explained it, it was due to cost. Creating a likeness of the Robin figure would have increased the cost of the car significantly and they had to make a decision to include Robin and increase the MSRP or leave Robin at the Batcave and sell the car at a more regular price.

I often read complaints about any slot car price increase, even a tiny amount, so I would say that this was a wise decision by Scalextric.....taking into consideration, "you can't please all the people all the time, and you can almost never please any slot car buyer! "

Chris

Update:

I found the interview with Caitlin Williams from Scalextric courtesy of Jadlam Hobbies Blog - the complete interview and be found: here: https://blog.jadlamracingmodels.com/...966-tv-series/

"Like many people, my first reaction to seeing the car in the Scalextric catalogue was ‘where’s Robin?’. Caitlin explained, “Robin was omitted because to sculpt a character is very, very costly. To add Robin would add an extra 20% or more to the tool cost and, as a result, the retail price would have to be increased. It was therefore a cost decision to ensure the final product was still affordable.”"
              Last edited by F1Fan; May 19, 2021, 02:49 PM.
              "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong "
              "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing"

Murray Walker

Comment

Originally posted by F1Fan View Post
                I was unable to find the article, but I read an interview with the Scalextric designer that was responsible for this car and the way she explained it, it was due to cost. Creating a likeness of the Robin figure would have increased the cost of the car significantly and they had to make a decision to include Robin and increase the MSRP or leave Robin at the Batcave and sell the car at a more regular price.

I often read complaints about any slot car price increase, even a tiny amount, so I would say that this was a wise decision by Scalextric.....taking into consideration, "you can't please all the people all the time, and you can almost never please any slot car buyer! "

Chris

Update:

I found the interview with Caitlin Williams from Scalextric courtesy of Jadlam Hobbies Blog - the complete interview and be found: here: https://blog.jadlamracingmodels.com/...966-tv-series/

"Like many people, my first reaction to seeing the car in the Scalextric catalogue was ‘where’s Robin?’. Caitlin explained, “Robin was omitted because to sculpt a character is very, very costly. To add Robin would add an extra 20% or more to the tool cost and, as a result, the retail price would have to be increased. It was therefore a cost decision to ensure the final product was still affordable.”"

I think that was probably a good decision overall.
                Now, what I would do if I were Scalextric is look at selling a Robin figure separately. A little hot glue and Robin would be in the car with ease. Maybe retail them $9.99 - $14.99 ???? I’d bet they would sell, and be profitable. I could of course be 100% wrong.

Comment

Hey , you never know , they just might get enough emails about not having robin in the car to where they may make the figure to retro fit the car . I say we start a brass roots complaint about not having Robin with the Caped Crusader

Comment

And not should not have been brass , it should have been grass , and not the kind you smoke .

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    UA-149438709-1