Facebook-
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
    YouTube-
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Great find WER...An HONOR to have him on our HRW forum
    TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
    Warren, Ohio

Comment

I really went for it in this article... they gave me no word count constraints so i figured "F-it" I'll let it all fly...
      Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
      Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kennedy View Post
        I really went for it in this article... they gave me no word count constraints so i figured "F-it" I'll let it all fly...
        Social media, print media...there's no stopping you! Let us know if you have room for one more in your slot entourage!
        Founding member of Rocky Mountain Racers, a 1/32 club based in Calgary, Alberta Canada: http://www.facebook.com/rockymtnracers
        Canada’s Tourist Trophy Event Founder and Organizer: http://www.facebook.com/touristtrophycanada

Comment

Great Dave. You the Man.
          Arrold Martin
          Nashville TN

Comment

Fantastic!
            Chris aka CJR RACING Denver, Colorado and Nagasaki, Japan

Comment

Great article Dave. Glad you said that video gamers should stop being blamed. (Guilty as charged). Love reading your articles and watching your videos. Thanks for all you do to continue to support our hobby.
              Scott C.
              Amherst, WI

Comment

Soon You'll need an Agent...

I know this Guy...He'll make You "Star"!

Click image for larger version  Name:	iu.jpeg Views:	209 Size:	19.7 KB ID:	75514

Last edited by Silberpfeil; January 22, 2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
                  Dave Kennedy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL.... I'll just take a full time job at this point.

Perfect write up!!
                "Once you pick up a controller and try to smash and bash the person in the lane next to you off the track you WILL get it. "
                Very well said...
                I fully agree,we need to quit blaming the Video games......
                They are not going any where ....
                Well that is, they will continue to expand..
                There is a interest in the older toys,hobbies,and even the old trades such as metal working,etc by the so-called 20 to 30 somethings.
                I talked to my nephew for over an hour on his interest in forging metal over the Holidays.He proudly showed me a couple of items he had forged his self.
                Very interesting. There is hope for the hobby.It will never be what it was,but there is hope..
                People are looking for ways to go back to some basic fun.
                Rusty
                Rusty

Comment

People like Dave are hard to come by no matter their field of expertise, great article, it is nice he's part of this group.

Comment

The good thing is I have seen more slot car sets on the floor in various commercials for other products. I know its not advertising the slot car system but at least slot cars are being shown.
                    Arrold Martin
                    Nashville TN

Comment

thanks for sharing....I would not have come across the article otherwise. Very interesting read!
                      My kids raced slot cars will me when they were younger, but now that they are young adults it does take a lot of arm twisting to get them to runs some cars. But they do still play on-line games with their friends. Like Dave, I certainly don't fault kids for loving their gaming.
                      Ralph
                      Toronto, Ontario
                      Canada

Comment

Nice piece, Dave! I'm going to put a link to it over at Slotbog.

What I've been saying for years is that the factors that made slot cars and slot racing so compelling for so many in the '60s are still very active today, as you suggest. I fault the overall industry for being as super-competitive as hard-core slot racers and solely chasing after profits rather than cooperating to promote the activity itself for the greater good of everyone.

The fact that the majority of the participants in the hobby overwhelmingly view slot cars as unrelated niches (usually scale-based) , rather than diverse aspects of one overall hobby is another negative factor. The model railroading hobby didn't make the same mistakes and has benefited thereby.
                        Last edited by Slotblog; January 15, 2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Dave has done a great deal for our hobby, and I applaud his proactive approach. We should be offering "Gamers" our cars and controllers to give slot car racing a try. I had 3 guys over recently that all "Gamed" together, and they said they really enjoyed slot car racing because: 1. We were all together, (not logging in remotely). 2. The cars all have unique "personalities", (and are beautiful to hold/look at/race). 3. If you have controllers on each side of your track, the view is unique from each side of the table, as well as the driving style for each lane.

I have sucked 2 of the 3 guys into buying slot cars. Hope to get some other 20- 30 year old's interested too so our hobby doesn't flounder. Plus their quick reaction times keep's us "seasoned" guys on our toes!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1