Video - Scalextric IROC decals - behind the scenes - IROC project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video - Scalextric IROC decals - behind the scenes - IROC project

A video discussing the IROC Camaro project I helped with and I show some newly made decals being sold by a slotbrother from Home Racing World.
    This will be a first video (I think) where I go into detail about some of the cars I've helped get done over the years.

Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

Contact John here on HRW via email:
    [email protected]

Comment

Excellent video Dave I would definitely be interested in more
      imho scalextric were morons letting you go wish you were still there

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
        Dave Kennedy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks I would do anything to still have my job... I loved working making models and slots and paint.

Great info.

on another note...

Dave Kennedy is in Darth Vadors pod. Proof

Comment

2 thumbs up on the video and greatly appreciate your candor and behind the scenes comments. I hope you make more videos 'cause I'll definitely watch them all. HRW is the only forum I follow so a video series about the hobby from both an enthusiast's perspective and the business perspective would be enlightening for me.

Comment

Dave, Great job on the video. I would like to see you do more.
          Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

So, Dave was responsible for giving Scalextric bogus data about the wheelbase of the new IROC Camaros. I guess it is the stretched limo version of the car.

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
              Dave Kennedy commented
              Editing a comment
              that would have been da Nutz slothead! With the T-tops out of course!

• REL13
              REL13 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dave, Can you make it longer? He seems to never have anything good to say about anything.

• Dave Kennedy
              Dave Kennedy commented
              Editing a comment
              Well... LOL

No I didn't give them the dimensions for the car. They found them on the internet and scanned a diecast for the dimensions.

Comment

Hi Dave. Great video. Thanks for giving us some more insight on the process involved with planning a new car. I don’t have one of the new Camaro IROCs yet, but will be getting a few as I want to get a couple decal sheets to go with them. Awesome! Hope all is well.

Josh

Comment

Great video Dave
                I always like to hear your insights on the cars.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kennedy View Post
                  No I didn't give them the dimensions for the car. They found them on the internet and scanned a diecast for the dimensions.
                  Okay Dave, I'll give you a thumbs up on going to bat for this particular model.

It's just too bad that the Scalextric model makers missed somewhat in their execution of this car. If they scanned from a diecast it was a poor representation and shouldn't have been used.

The model's overall length is good and to scale.

The production 1:1 vehicle wheelbase was 101", But, I have found reference that the IROC race car wheelbase was 105", Scalextric's version at 1:1 would be just over 107" so only about 2% too long and 1/16" in 1/32 scale, probably not noticeable.

The production 1:1 vehicle roof height was approx 50", I found reference that the IROC race car height was 49", Scalextric's version at 1:1 would be 44", so still 10-11% too short and that is noticeable.

And one other thing that stands out to me like a sore thumb is the blunt front fascia, there should be a forward peak at the center.

*This post was revised to reflect IROC race car info that I located.
                  Last edited by olskoolslotz; June 26, 2020, 09:17 PM.
                  DAVE - MI, USA

Comment

Great video Dave. I enjoyed it. Hopefully you can escape from that dungon for the next one. lol
                    Lance Sofa racer

Comment

Great video Dave!
                      Thanks for putting it together and sharing!

Comment

Great behind the scene info!!!
                        Rusty

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1