No announcement yet.

Worldwide slot car chat Zoom Meeting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting in a little under an hour. All are welcome!
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8574740019...M4VWdKS05jdz09

Comment

I enjoyed the zoom meeting, but nodded off in my recliner near the end. I'm in training for the Olympic nap team if that becomes an approved sport.

I'll tune in again next week.

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make it today, but look forward to watching the replay.

Comment

Comment

OMG, the guy that said he was going to use the wire out of his wife's G-string......

Lots of interesting discussion new new faces, took me a couple of sessions, but I made it through the whole video.

Comment

I was watching the first video and you guys mentioned INOX MX3 for treating the rails of track. I find on my Artin track that I have to almost lightly sand the rails after a few weeks/months of not using the track. Would this coating help out? I also have a product called Corrosion-X that I use a lot in the RC world. Basically I used it to waterproof all my electronics in cars and especially boats. You could dunk a servo or reciever in water and they would never short out. I wonder how it compares to the INOX??

Corrosion-X:
              "CorrosionX is the most advanced and effective corrosion prevention compound, lubricant and penetrant in the world! Although it may look like a typical oil-based anti-corrosion spray, CorrosionX utilizes revolutionary Polar Bonding™ and Fluid Thin Film Coating (FTFC™) technologies that together do far more than merely slow down the corrosion process like those so-called 'corrosion inhibitors'. CorrosionX actually kills existing rust and corrosion (keeping it from spreading), and provides long-term protection against rust and corrosion on any metal surface."

INOX MX3:
              "The only lubricant in the world with the special MX3 anti-corrosion, anti-moisture formula for the twenty – first century. MX3 is an anti-corrosion anti-moisture lubricant designed to be sprayed on surfaces and between moving parts. The lubricant is made with a high grade white oil, rust inhibitors and other components to give lasting protection from corrosion and oxidation. MX3 will penetrate through bolts and parts that are stuck together to help loosen and easily free up without causing damage."
              Last edited by TAMELESSTGR; May 15th, 2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• MrFlippant
                MrFlippant commented
                Editing a comment
                YES! No more cleaning, let alone sanding. Get some INOX MX3!
                I can't speak to Corrosion-X, but you could certainly try it out on a piece of track and see if the car goes better or worse.
                Cost of the product is also a consideration. If it works as good, but is more expensive, then save it for your electronics. If not, then it doesn't matter how much it costs.

sorry I wasn't able to make the last one... had a meeting at church.

Comment

• MrFlippant
                MrFlippant commented
                Editing a comment
                No worries! Hopefully the next one...

You're Invited!

Topic: Worldwide Slot Car Chat #5
              Time: May 20, 2020 06:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
              https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8487199917...hocGpkVnRGZz09

Meeting ID: 848 7199 9177
              Password: 052020

As per usual, which seems to work well enough to fill two hours, we'll do short introductions for returning guests, full intro for new guests who want to share, and then open it up to show and tell, news and reviews, and general Q&A.

It's been enjoyable so far, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Come as a viewer or participant, either is fine. You can mute your mic and/or block your camera, it's up to you. There's even a text chat function that can be used if you don't or can't use a microphone.

I hope you are able to join us!

Comment

Next meeting takes place in approximately 24 hours from the time of this posting. No matter what part of the "slot car" hobby you enjoy or are taking an interest in, you are welcome to attend the meeting and share your story, ask questions, or just watch and listen! Also, I apologize to anyone who cannot attend due to the time of day. The next meeting will be at a different time.

Comment

• Brumos RSR
                  Brumos RSR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm going to try to make it

Meeting in a little under an hour. See you soon!

Comment

I was there for the whole meeting this week (didn't nod off at all), and really enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone for sharing stories and thoughts. Next week I'll try to use my laptop rather than desktop computer so I can be part of video and audio.

Comment

I look forward to that.

Last edited by MrFlippant; May 21st, 2020, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Really enjoyed it Greg, thanks for organizing. Looking forward to the next one.

Comment

You're Invited!

Title: Worldwide Slot Car Chat #6
                        Time: May 27,2020 @ 1pm (cst)
                        Time Zone Calculator: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...1=234&p2=179&p 3=136&p4=37&p5=240

Join Zoom Meeting
                        https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8537578508...lZZlhVSjc5Zz09

I request that participants mute their microphone unless they are speaking. If you are making noise, I will mute your mic, so don't unmute until you're ready to speak. Join the chat early to test things out and figure out where the mute button is. We are usually there 10-15 minutes early, but the recording will start on the hour.

We'll start with short introductions for returning guests, full intro for new guests who want to share, and then open it up to show and tell, news and reviews, and general Q&A.

For this episode, we'll be taking suggestions in advance for talking points and questions you would like to see us answer. If you have a burning question for the group, or a subject you'd like to discuss or watch later, please post your ideas below. I'll compile them all before the show and we'll see how many we can get to.

Come as a viewer or participant, either is fine. You can mute your mic and/or block your camera, it's up to you. There's even a text chat function that can be used if you don't or can't use a microphone.

I hope you are able to join us!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1