ThunderSlot Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThunderSlot Mustang

Thunderslot pony car anyone? The Italian company founded by NSR designer Giovanni Montiglio are following up their awesome Can-Am race cars with a new '67 Shelby Mustang. You can find out more over in the SlotRacer News forum: https://slotracer.online/community/s...d.php?tid=2933

Click image for larger version  Name:	23474AAC-6BA2-411D-A353-6EBC539852DF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.4 KB ID:	157708 Click image for larger version  Name:	176043B5-9043-41D2-9784-3A7D808BF15F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.5 KB ID:	157709 Click image for larger version  Name:	0E022B1F-07E0-42BC-9DAD-B20876AD4F2B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.7 KB ID:	157710
    Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
    Facebook-
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
    YouTube-
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Looks like a chassis for the serious racers this ain't no kids toy

Comment

Revoslot owners will like this and if you've raced JK chassis before you'll be familiar with the layout and it works fantastic.
      Kevan - Isle of Man
      Life is like a box of Slot cars...πŸš“πŸš—πŸššπŸšœ

Comment

• WB2
        WB2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is the JK a take-off on the Cox ISO Fulcrum chassis?
        Chassis advancement may be good from an engineering standpoint, but I feel it leads to too many one-manufacturer classes.

Though it might be a bit, would like to see the pipeline of ones to follow in this class.
      "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Glen
      Zen Raceway
      Severna Park, MD

Comment

Looks okay, but doubt this would compete with my Pioneer Mustang notchback Trans Am cars. After time trials the race director would probably mandate a restrictor plate in the form of about 6 ounces of additional weight.

Comment

• Kevan
          Kevan commented
          Editing a comment
          So would that 6oz 'restrictor plate' be mandated after the Thunderslot Mustang blowing your Pioneer Mustang into the weeds?

• slothead
          slothead commented
          Editing a comment
          You misunderstand how our race director wields his power. The Thunderslot Mustang would be 'managed' from the get go. SCCA Trams Am rules required basically 'stock' components and that Thunderslot chassis looks closer to a fabricated one than one from the factory with a few upgrades.

Well I can see a whole field of thunderslots for the next trans am proxy.
        THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
        Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

• Kevan
          Kevan commented
          Editing a comment
          It might even kickstart a whole new proxy series

I'll bet it weighs about 1/2 of what my Scalextric Mustang does.

Comment

I wish I hadn't noticed this thread. I'm thinking about retiring but maybe I need to retire from slot cars 1st. Already got too many Mustangs and I'm not even a Ford guy and I've even got Mustangs in my Cougar draw.
          Bram,
          CHCH NZ

Comment

I get paid to build models, race slot cars, and travel to museums.

Comment

I think an H & R 14K might be a good restrictor motor

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderjet 34 View Post
                Looks like a chassis for the serious racers this ain't no kids toy
                A proven chassis design, but, by no means new.............

​​​​​​To be honest, the design is not all that new, it follows the design/principles of the Parma, Kelley, JK, Mossetti, etc. 2 piece "flexi chassis that have been used in 1/24 commercial "Flexi" class racing since the Parma "flexi" was released in the late 80's.

The same design philosophy can been seen on many 1/32 BSCRA /Eurosport type chassis over the last 15 years+.

A Mossetti 1/24 Patriot "Flexi"......different pan and center section cut-outs, but the design premise is the same

Click image for larger version

Name:	MR-3102.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	157801

Cheers
                Chris Walker

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1