Finally a modern Shadow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a modern Shadow!

MRSlotcar has announced a Shadow DN4. Finally we get a car that is maybe one of the most requested for a slot car.
    Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

Refreshing to see a company like MR Slotcar offer cars that haven't already been done by 10 other slot car manufacturers. Very clever guide design so the nose didn't have to be distorted to accommodate a traditional guide setup.

www.slotcarcorner.com
    email: [email protected] phone: 603.753.6263

Comment

• Kevan
      Kevan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, a very clever idea that got me thinking about my 3D chassis designs

This is good news, but you all do know that CG Slot cars has had a DN4 on the market for quite a while already, right? So this is not the first one by any means.
    Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
    Life is scratchbuilt

Comment

• Slot Car Corner
      Slot Car Corner commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Dennis. My comment wasn't meant to imply it was the first DN4 though it could certainly be taken that way. I actually have a CG Slotcars Shadow DN4. My comment was aimed at the larger 1:32 slot car manufacturers who have a tendency to make many of the same cars.

Sidewinder pod that’s interchangeable into other MRslotcars’s.WooHoo!!!
    Could this be a Thunderslot killer?
    Where do I pre order ?
    Last edited by steeveew; February 15, 2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gascarnut View Post
      This is good news, but you all do know that CG Slot cars has had a DN4 on the market for quite a while already, right? So this is not the first one by any means.
      Dennis, I think one of the big differences is that the CG cars were pretty much "bespoke", hand built slot cars that were a) in short supply and b) pretty expensive. I am hoping that the MRSlot models will be more freely available for general consumption with pricing more in line with the popular performance brands such as NSR and Slot.it. I know that MR Slot have historically struggled and taken quite a bit of time to bring a product to market, so we will have to wait and see how this one progresses. I am certainly hoping this will be available to bring some much needed diversity in future Can-Am proxies and that they will be competitive performance wise to challenge the dominant Thunderslot cars. But even if they are not, it will still be nice to have this as a generally available model.

Time will tell...

Alwyn

Comment

Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1