FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI

Being a Saturday, and snow on the roads, it looks like I will be home all day. I want everybody to know that I will be available for advice if anybody needs to know anything. Feel free to post your questions and I will give you my best advice or I'll lie like hell. I used to think I didn't know everything, but over the years I realized I do.

I remember the old saying, " when I was 20 years old my dad didn't know anything. When I turned 40 dad really got a lo lot smarter".
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

"I remember the old saying, " when I was 20 years old my dad didn't know anything. When I turned 40 dad really got a lo lot smarter".
    How very true!!
    Rusty
    Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

Or move out your 18 and knew everything M
      THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
      Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

How many snowflakes are you getting today? I have my own share. I can't even go to the dump or my mailbox.

Comment

• mattb
          mattb commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing like you're getting Bill. We ended up with less than 4 inches. Weather people got something to talk bout, but it's nothing. I did my 2 mile walk this morning with no trouble.

Too freaking cold to go out here -33C when I took the grandson to work this morning 😫
        Dave
        Peterborough Ont
        CANADA

Comment

• mattb
          mattb commented
          Editing a comment
          Dave, 16 degrees this morning, in the 20's now and weather guys are trying to make it sound like we are in Canada.

Well my day started out crappy. Had worker call in sick. And now I'm sitting in front of a tire shop waiting for them to open to fix a tire on my Camero. No damn spare in these things nailed something in the middle of the fing highway .
        THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....

Comment

• Bal r 14
          Bal r 14 commented
          Editing a comment
          You are a brave sole driving a Camaro in the winter. I have a Mustang GT I pretty much have to park unless the roads are dry and temperatures are at least close to being above freezing. 500hp and PZero run-flats on a rear wheel drive car will get sideways real fast in the winter.

I wish I would have gone in business for myself when I was 20 and knew everything.

Matt, have you ever noticed that people who "think" they know everything are extremely aggravating to those of us who do?
        Butch Dunaway
        Oxford, Ohio

Comment

• mattb
          mattb commented
          Editing a comment
          Butch, it's hard to be humble, I know.

The more I learn the more I realize I don’t know
        getting dumber by the day
        Dave
        Peterborough Ont
        CANADA

Comment

• mattb
          mattb commented
          Editing a comment
          Dave,
          I spent an hour this morning trying to connect a new dvd player to a dvd recorder. Replacing some stuff that quit working.. I have a switch box to feed ATT Uverse, a dvd player or my old Dish netword dvr to the recorder. I used to do this stuff in 10 minutes or so. I was plugging and unplugging cable and trying to figure out what input to set the machines on, what cables went where. I finally got it working. Just lucky I know it all.

My favorite saying to the young folks when they act like they know every thing is. Damn I have forgotten more about that. Than you know.

Comment

Youth is often wasted on the young....
          Mark

Comment

• mattb
            mattb commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen

Don't be jealous of the young. They have a tough road ahead of them and they are shy of the tools us older folks have accumulated. Like money, knowledge, experience and connections.

When I think back on a lifetime of work, marriage and raising a kid I wonder how I managed to do it all. Now that I am retired the days don't seem long enough to get more than one or two things done.

I don't envy the young their energy -- they need it. Especially given their lack of resources and understanding. It is all too easy for them to waste their efforts through misdirection. It's a miracle so many of them finally do make a success of their lives.

There is a German expression that translates, "We are too soon old and too late smart." Fits.
          Last edited by HO RacePro; January 29, 2022, 10:25 AM.
          Ed Bianchi
          York Pennsylvania USA

Comment

• MnFordGuy
            MnFordGuy commented
            Editing a comment
            Old age and treachery will always out do youth and skill…

• mattb
            mattb commented
            Editing a comment
            I would not want to be young and in the work force raising kids today. I would want to be young, handsome and millionaire.

John Wayne said it best. Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Fat, happy and dumb is no way to go through life. But I managed to get through it. I'm 71 today.

Can't wait to check the mailbox to see what Clover Leaf and Slot Car Corner sent me for my birthday presents.
          Butch Dunaway
          Oxford, Ohio

Comment

• 4424ever
            4424ever commented
            Editing a comment
            Happy birthday may you get dumber and fatter

• Pappy
            Pappy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats my plan. LOL

• mattb
            mattb commented
            Editing a comment
            Happy birthday Butch. I glad you still remember it!

Dunning-Kruger Effect
          Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
          Facebook-
          https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
          YouTube-
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

• mattb
            mattb commented
            Editing a comment
            Scott, I don't know what that it, but sign me up and I'll act like I do.

• HO RacePro
            HO RacePro commented
            Editing a comment
            The internet is your friend. Look it up. Kinda interesting, but not surprising.

Without that overconfidence most young people wouldn't even try. If they knew going in how tough life was going to be they'd probably hide in a corner and wet themselves.

Can't wait to check the mailbox to see what Clover Leaf and Slot Car Corner sent me for my birthday presents.
          Spoiler alert: No need to make a trip to the mailbox...

p.s. Happy Birthday Butch!

www.slotcarcorner.com
          email: [email protected] phone: 603.753.6263

Comment

Ok Matt I will take you up on your offer.

This from my Grand Daughter. She expects a straight answer

Why is nine?
            Cheers

Dan
            G.P Alberta

Comment

• mattb
              mattb commented
              Editing a comment
              It was one too many to be an 8.

• Barc 1
              Barc 1 commented