Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HRW SCOTY AWARDS! Slot Car of The Year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HRW SCOTY AWARDS! Slot Car of The Year

    Ok, here are my picks...but I want you folks to please write in your favorite for the year if I did not include it.

    Here is the video comments.




    61
    Scalextric Thunderbird
    14.75%
    9
    Pioneer Legends
    37.70%
    23
    Revoslot Ferrari 333SP
    24.59%
    15
    Policar Ferrari 330 P4
    16.39%
    10
    Scalextric Lotus 25
    1.64%
    1
    Carrera 935 K3 Porsche
    1.64%
    1
    OTHER! You skipped mine!
    3.28%
    2

    The poll is expired.

    -Harry


  • #2
    Everyone one who tried this car was shocked at it's "bone stock" performance...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Poster.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	695.5 KB
ID:	13903

    Comment


    • #3
      Ouch Harry, way to make it hard for a person! I have:

      * Three of the cars you have on the poll
      * Two of those I would easily vote for because i) they look great and ii) because they run great (the two Ferraris)
      * The third (Lotus 25) I have not run yet but i could also easily vote for it because... well, it is a Lotus 25 and that is an iconic car with an iconic driver from my youthful avid interest in motor sport.

      Decisions, decisions....

      Alwyn

      Comment


      • #4
        BUMP! Looks like a close race (hehe) so let's get after it boys!
        -Harry

        Comment


        • #5
          Looks like it could be close! All good fun.

          What's with the giant ad for an SRC Porsche 914/6?
          Some kind of Canadian humor I'm not tuned into? I need to be informed of the punchline. Don't get it at the moment.

          Jules

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jules View Post
            Looks like it could be close! All good fun.

            What's with the giant ad for an SRC Porsche 914/6?
            Some kind of Canadian humor I'm not tuned into? I need to be informed of the punchline. Don't get it at the moment.

            Jules
            It's called dropping a subtle hint Jules...

            If you can't win, you may as well be big and bold...!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Beast Lee View Post

              It's called dropping a subtle hint Jules...

              If you can't win, you may as well be big and bold...!!!
              Yeah but.....I'm sure the rules say that the mold/tooling must be new. I read that somewhere, I think. That's why I thought there was some kind of humorous message in the ad. The 914 is a few years old now, unless I am very much mistaken which is a possibility.

              Jules

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jules View Post

                Yeah but.....I'm sure the rules say that the mold/tooling must be new. I read that somewhere, I think. That's why I thought there was some kind of humorous message in the ad. The 914 is a few years old now, unless I am very much mistaken which is a possibility.

                Jules
                Hmmmm... I don't recall seeing the rules...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oops Jules, just saw Harry's video, and he does mention the new tooling as part of the criteria...

                  Just ignore the giant ad then...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Those legends look amazing! Great work to the hole pioneer team! That revo is right there! Soooo. Close in my book. Great job to all! Scale making is not an easy business! Keep at it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Beast Lee View Post
                      Oops Jules, just saw Harry's video, and he does mention the new tooling as part of the criteria...

                      Just ignore the giant ad then...
                      I can't ignore it, it's gigantic. I've already purchased three SRC 914 models off eBay this evening because the ad consistently keeps filling my iPad screen and I'm getting sucked into your subliminal messaging.

                      Absolutely beastly of you.

                      Jules



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jules View Post

                        I can't ignore it, it's gigantic. I've already purchased three SRC 914 models off eBay this evening because the ad consistently keeps filling my iPad screen and I'm getting sucked into your subliminal messaging.

                        Absolutely beastly of you.

                        Jules


                        Hahahahaha...!!!

                        All the best to you Jules...

                        P.S. - I'm still waiting on Tom to bring in one of your Legend white kits for me...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          he does mention the new tooling as part of the criteria...
                          Ahhhh fun times.

                          It was my OWN criteria. Some might discover older cars or repaints that are their own personal favs.

                          That was the point of asking folks to chime in

                          As far as the SRC thingy, never hear anyone talk much about the first ones and have not seen anyone posting about these "new" ones.

                          Plus, I never picked one up....so hard to video a car I don't have.

                          But hey...folks like what they like. And I like reading others choices. Those are just mine...

                          There was a "OTHER" option
                          -Harry

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HomeRacingWorld View Post

                            As far as the SRC thingy, never hear anyone talk much about the first ones (because they are just Fly gear due to who owns them) and have not seen anyone posting about these "new" ones
                            Likely due to the basically zero distribution service here in the USA. Most dealers I have spoken with pretty much dropped the brand.

                            Plus, I never picked one up....so hard to video a car I don't have.


                            There was a "OTHER" option
                            They have definitely struggled in the North American market Harry...

                            And "OTHER" was my choice...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HomeRacingWorld View Post

                              As far as the SRC thingy, never hear anyone talk much about the first ones (because they are just Fly gear due to who owns them) and have not seen anyone posting about these "new" ones
                              Likely due to the basically zero distribution service here in the USA. Most dealers I have spoken with pretty much dropped the brand.
                              A mute point; but I think "owned" rather than "owns" would be more accurate - as far as I understand it, the involvement of any of the Barrios family in SRC has long since ended.
                              So far as I can tell, there was another change of shareholding middle this year, but I didn't get to ask Doville when I was in Spain in October, as she stuffed up her timing of movements between Madrid and the factory near me in Alicante, and we ran out of compatible days to meet.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              UA-149438709-1