Louisville slot car show Sept 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville slot car show Sept 26

After a year off, this show is back on for the third year. Small compared to Chicago, but probably as big as most other slot swap meets around. Always a good variety of slots and a diverse bunch of local guys. As of now, masks are not required in Kentucky and many of guys I see in the local hobby don't believe in covid vaccines. New cases are back to levels not seen since last spring. I will mask up all day and have some masks and sanitizer on my table for anybody that comes by. Don't be afraid to come, but keep yourself safe.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	slot show 2021.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	119041 Click image for larger version

Name:	023.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	716.6 KB
ID:	119042 Click image for larger version

Name:	024.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	737.7 KB
ID:	119043 Click image for larger version

Name:	031.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	574.4 KB
ID:	119044 Click image for larger version

Name:	036.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	746.5 KB
ID:	119045
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

Can wait to see you there.
    Kevin T
    London Ky

Comment

OH I wish I could go
      Dave
      Peterborough Ont
      CANADA

Comment

Looks like a very good show, but it's an 11-12 hour drive one way for me.
        I don't think I could sell enough HO and miscellaneous slot items to make up for THAT kind of overhead!
        Have a great show, and... Enjoy! -- Ernie

Comment

I got a third covid shot yesterday and feel pretty confident about being there now. I have been pretty concerned. At the last model show a big majority of the guys I know in model/slot hobby were not vaccinated. Hopefully th enew variant and spread we have now is changing some of these attitudes. I sure want to see everybody and enjoy the show.

Anybody that shows up should look for me. Usually Steve puts me and Brad Blohm at the 4 end tables of the first aisle. He will probably be wearing his Professor Motor shirt. I'll have some masks on the table and maybe a advertisement for Home Racing World! Look for me.
          Matt B
          So. In
          Crashers

Comment

How many vendors have registered so far? I will havea 2 hour drive up.
            Kevin T
            London Ky

Comment

I don't know vendor numbers, but I talked to Steve about 2-3 months ago and he said it looked like it would be about the same as in the past which was probably 30-40 guys with swap stuff. Probably worth a 2 hour drive. It is on the south side of Louisville, so you will be 10 miles or so south of the city right off I 65. Are you coming from Tn?
              Matt B
              So. In
              Crashers

Comment

I will be coming from London ky.
                Kevin T
                London Ky

Comment

• mattb
                  mattb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You'll have nice ride, that's not too bad.

To me, that looks like a HUGE show. I can't imagine that much slot stuff under one roof.

IS there a bigger show?

Way back in the 90's during my other vintage participation, I recall there used to be a "Dalton" show... is that show still going on? If so, how does it compare to this one?

Andre
                Andre Ming
                Poteau, OK

Comment

Chicago/Dolton/Highland still goes on twice a year and is the biggest show in America and maybe the world, although there is a big show in Germany. I was a regular at the Dolton shows back in the late 80's and into the 90's when we mostly stayed at the Red Roof Inn and had room trading on Saturday and 20 or more rooms would be open with the guys stuff setting out on the beds and floors and we wheeled and dealed most of the day. It was something to see so much slot stuff in person after mostly only talking to other slot guys on the phone or in letters. To top it off the AOL slot car discussion group had started up and then the 132slots forum and some of us guys were able to meet in person. This was great. Back then there were no companies doing much for home racers and we shared a lot of info about how to keep old stuff running. Mostly it was make it and do it yourself .

Paul will remember when "the Clams" showed up and we all met in person for the first time. Our internet group was pretty small back in those days. Me and George Lowe from In, the Clams from Columbus. Dave England, who was instrumental in setting up the first slot forum. Ray Snyder, a few more names I don't remember. It was a great experience for us got together with other guys that shared this tiny hobby. I guess 1/32 home racing was a lot smaller back then than it is now.
                  Matt B
                  So. In
                  Crashers

Comment

Matt:

Your post was a fun read.

I came onto the vintage scene during the VSRN era, and transitioned with it into the digital communication era. "132slots" has a familiar ring to it... but I can't remember for sure if I was a member of it. You're right, there were many great fellows involved in the hobby then and it seemed to be a quite closely knitted group... and much smaller. I can't remember whom all I purchased cars, track, and parts from, but I never got a bad deal or burned, ever.

Back then I tossed around the idea of attending the Dolton meet, but at the time my vocation was pastoral work, and I just couldn't take vacation time and drag the wife to a slot car gathering. (We typically went west to the Rockies for vacations.)

I probably know you and some of the others here from back in the 1990s... but it was all quite a while ago and many of the details of my slot days from that time have gotten very fuzzy.

EDIT: By the way, over at Slot Forum, a chap named "Steve" from CO remembered me! Alas, I didn't have distinct memories of knowing him back then. Darn. I do remember talking to Ed of "E.J's". He was a hoot! Also talked to some others, including a fellow out west that sold contemporary Scalextric and MRRC at the time. Spoke with an English accent... purchased several Scalextric cars from him. Great guy. Was his name "Malcolm"??

Andre
                    Last edited by LAMing; September 11, 2021, 10:14 AM.
                    Andre Ming
                    Poteau, OK

Comment

Since Chicago was mentioned, it looks like it’s on for this fall.
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...0991560611540/

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      UA-149438709-1