Pioneer: NEW, Dodge Legends Racers, Sunoco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer: NEW, Dodge Legends Racers, Sunoco

Released today: First decorated models of the new Dodge Legends tooling.

P129: Dodge Legends Racer, Sunoco #14, blue/yellow.
    P130: Dodge Legends Racer, Sunoco #15, yellow/blue.

Shipping commences tomorrow.

Jules

Click image for larger version

Name:	P129 P130 FB promo pic.png
Views:	570
Size:	856.0 KB
ID:	113322
    Last edited by Jules; August 9, 2021, 08:49 AM.

WOW, those are sharp Jules!!!!
    Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/hrw-a...gends-bullring

Comment

Jules, Great looking cars. May have to get them.
      Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
      Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Is the bank account ever going to get a rest!? Nope!
        Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
        Facebook-
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
        YouTube-
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

Those are the dealer issued ones correct , being they have the chrome accents

Comment

• Jules
            Jules commented
            Editing a comment
            "Yes, correct", was my first reply yesterday but upon re-reading your statement I do not understand what you mean by "dealer issued". Also, not sure what you mean when you say "accents".
            Last edited by Jules; August 10, 2021, 09:51 AM. Reason: Reason for edit: My misunderstanding of "dealer issued"

• Fathead59
            Fathead59 commented
            Editing a comment
            When I said dealer issued , I meant the ones that the DS in the model number . Those cars were a little bit different than the normal cars

• Fathead59
            Fathead59 commented
            Editing a comment
            And also what would the plain color of the car be , since the Ford and Chevy have a few different plain colors

Those are definitely going to be on the purchase list! Look forward to the dealers here state side getting them!
          Thanks for the preview shots Jules!

Comment

I do need these. Thanks Jules for the update. You have my address
            -Harry

Comment

What colors will the non-dealer cars going to be ? Any pics of them yet

Comment

• Jules
                Jules commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm getting confused Edward. The two new models are the two new production models. What do you mean when you say "non-dealer"?

• Fathead59
                Fathead59 commented
                Editing a comment
                Being that the models you have shown already have chrome accents what colors will the other cars be ? The ones that have chrome wheels and nerf bumpers are ear marked for dealers or way out of price range of others like me . Don't get me wrong the gulf colors are nice , but what will the solid colors of that model be ?

Thank you Jules, you know I've been waiting for official notice these are released.

Once again it's unfortunate that none of the dealers who are featured supporters of HRW are Pioneer dealers. That being the case I'll probably order both cars from whoever has them for the best total cost including shipping. Electric Dreams is a likely option.

These will be my 13th & 14th Legend cars. I have at least 1 of every mainstream RTR release, not counting the dealer cars that were significantly more expensive and the first 2 Christmas cars ( I didn't know I could get interiors for them with drivers in race suits). No kit builds yet - not motivated to do the chassis assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by slothead View Post
                Once again it's unfortunate that none of the dealers who are featured supporters of HRW are Pioneer dealers. That being the case I'll probably order both cars from whoever has them for the best total cost including shipping. Electric Dreams is a likely option.
                Electric Dreams have ordered stock so you will find these new cars there.

The three slot car dealers who are featured supporters/sponsors of HRW do have a choice of what slot cars they care to promote and sell. LEB Hobbies, Cloverleaf Racing and Slot Car Corner have chosen not to stock Pioneer. My experience of talking to 100s of dealers over the last 13 years is that many of them have a loyal bunch of buyers with quite a tight list of favorite 'go-to' brands. The owners/operators of these stores will have inventory requirements that currently do not include Pioneer.

Thank you for being a fan of the brand and continuing to add to your collection. Much appreciated.

Jules

Comment

Here's my take on the questions about the new releases. These 'are' the base versions of the cars that are bring sold at 'normal' prices. Both are available at INASLOT for $59.46 USD after currency conversion. Of course 'normal' is subject to local interpretation. These are not 'dealer only versions' going for much more than regular releases. One dealer has them up for pre-order for $70 which might just be the new 'normal' price.

I was going to purchase both of these cars soon and was debating from who. Then I just did it - both of these cars and 3 sets of Legend decals were just ordered from INASLOT in the UK for a total cost of $163.23 USD. That includes a $33 shipping and handling fee plus PayPal currency conversion fee. This is an expensive way to go but it's done, no more hemming and hawing about it.

Comment

New stock/re-stocks of the Sunoco Legends landing with these US dealers this week:

P1 Slot Cars
                    Electric Dreams
                    Professor Motor

Thank you all for your purchases.

Jules

Comment

• TuscoTodd
                      TuscoTodd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Appreciate the update!

Not being greedy, but just want Jules to know when the next round of Dodge Legend releases are ready I'll be getting them. There are likely to be some Christmas themed releases too, which I will definitely consider.

Comment

Oh man, that #14 is callin' to me! -- Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by slothead View Post
                        Not being greedy, but just want Jules to know when the next round of Dodge Legend releases are ready I'll be getting them. There are likely to be some Christmas themed releases too, which I will definitely consider.
                        Joe,
                        Next Dodge Legends will be 'Santa' versions followed by race Liveries in January.

Jules

Click image for larger version

Name:	P135 top.png
Views:	173
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	119901

Comment

• TuscoTodd
                          TuscoTodd commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Liking the red and white color scheme!

• slothead
                          slothead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes Siree Bob - I was right! I'll be requesting some standard interiors with drivers with my order again. Nothing against Santa driving a race car, he just has to be in a fire suit. Our safety rules can't be violated for any reason.

• Fathead59
                          Fathead59 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nice looking design right there
                      Working...
                      X
                      UA-149438709-1