Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap power supply

https://www.amazon.com/DROK-110V-220..._t2_B01E6RMASC

In my internet rambling this morning, this power supply turned up Adjustable 10 amp output. For $35 it looks like a good deal for anybody needing one.
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

If you look on that page they also offer a 24 volt 20 amp supply. Better suited to slotting than the 48 volt 10 amp supply.

DROK is a brand I have dealt with before -- their counters, not their power supplies. They make a very good and inexpensive counter that I have tested out very thoroughly for use as a lap counter with dead strips. Super reliable.

Dunno how good their switching power supplies are, but may be worth a gamble at that price. Inexpensive switching power supplies have a rep for poor quality.

Ed Bianchi
    Ed Bianchi
    York Pennsylvania USA

Comment

• slothead
      slothead commented
      Editing a comment
      Ed - can you post a link to their counters that can be triggered by a dead strip? Also curious if you know how to incorporate lap timing.

• HO RacePro
      HO RacePro commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/25471659012...4AAOSwLc9fXJRM

FYI, the proximity switch does not appear sensitive enough to be tripped by a car's magnets, but the counter works fine with a dead strip. Adding a teeny-tiny capacitor across the inputs helps assure accurate counts.

I have used a similar power supply for 10 years or more. Mine is adjustable from 9-15 volts and max amps is 33. It powers a 4 lane track.
    Last edited by mattb; July 28, 2021, 08:17 PM.
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used the exact same power supply for many years without a problem.

Picked this one up for my tire razor. Hoping to use it for my two lane policar set down the road as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DJ1LP2Y...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Was going to do a report on this one. Bought it and it used it for the Showdown. Great little unit.

Remember...slot cars only draw the AMPS the need. With our motors we use? Please. Worked great for 4 lanes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 6.15.50 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	556.7 KB ID:	111197

-Harry

Comment

• mattb
        mattb commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great, but I don't see what benefit you get from spending $25 more. More bells and whistles? Basically your power supply just feeds your track and you set it and forget about it. What am I missing?
        Last edited by mattb; July 28, 2021, 08:15 PM.

• War Eagle River
        War Eagle River commented
        Editing a comment
        mattb, ease of use, fine tune adjustments, can read volts and amps on the front of the display. So yeah, more bells and whistles. And just looks better too.

• jfuente
        jfuente commented
        Editing a comment
        mattb I originally got mine just for the tire razor. After getting it for that, which is nice to have lower voltage for stock rubber tires, realized I could use it for track power.
    Working...
    X
    UA-149438709-1