EJs brass chassis kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EJs brass chassis kit

Fo my second amateur hour review we have the EJs Hobbies brass strombecker chassis replica kit. If your looking for a vintage chassis for an old model kit this might be for you. Everything is new reproduction parts, the. Motor is a modern Plafit and seems to work well, like a modern slot car. The kit itself is very well made everything fits. I haven’t finished the body I’m making for it so I only have some bare chassis track time. So far with a little weight in front of the motor it seems to stick pretty well. The tires are EJs own rubber tires, they feel soft. EJ himself told me when they first started making tires they tried many compounds to get just the right traction. A set of PG urethane tires might be better but I haven’t got any. The kit has everything you need to make the chassis, even a choice of skinny tires or wide slicks for the rear. So if you want to scratch build something or want to do some sort of time warp order one of these, it’s a fun project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4AA51EB1-CA04-4B9D-A370-A1703EB7029F.jpeg
Views:	404
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	90941

Name:	8897714D-92E1-4C12-A668-F6417B28CEDA.jpeg
Views:	365
Size:	515.2 KB
ID:	90942

Name:	3D31350A-B9AC-4398-9202-1F42E48B13E7.jpeg
Views:	360
Size:	528.8 KB
ID:	90943

Yep, these are used as replacements for some vintage running gear. The tires aren't horrible.....Ed has been around a long time.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
    https://www.thingiverse.com/chappyman66/designs

Comment

• Michael Squier
      Michael Squier commented
      Editing a comment
      He’s pretty proud of those tires. When placed my order I chatted with him for nearly an hour. I forgot to mention it rids very smooth, the tires are nice and round.
      Last edited by Michael Squier; March 31, 2021, 08:34 PM.

I have a few of these. Compared to the plastic chassis cars, this style of brass chassis is more to my liking. I am a big fan of mid 60's style slot cars. The optional wide rear wheels and urethanes or silicones make for a decent old school slot car. They make a nice conversion for the Monogram stock cars.

Probably youneed to buy them while they are available. EJ is not producing much new stuff and as items run out, there is no more.
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

Comment

Agree, I like those kits. Built a few. Nicely adaptable to many bodies old and new.
      The guides have a bit of a wedge shape, narrower at the bottom. I have sanded them with a dremel to be flatter. Thinner at the top.

Comment

I've also built a few and recommend them to anyone looking for something like an old Revell, Monogram or Strombecker kit. And I've been very happy with EJ's tires on my Carrera track, I use them on a lot of vintage cars I pick-up on Ebay.

Ron

Name:	EJs.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	91297

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1