Policar Drift set unboxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policar Drift set unboxing

It's always a great Christmas when you get/give a slot set.
    Slot Car Nerd/Photographer/ Just a self-styled marketing guy on my back porch.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly slot car news

Set it up, love to see them go.

AFX/Tomy 8822 Tri-Power Pak 8v,12v,22v 1amp for ho scale

Comment

HO scale yes, this scale no one else. It has been needed for many years. HO did too.
      -Harry

Comment

Nice thanks, Grandsons it's looking good. Plus as they grow so can the track. Professor Motor 35 OHM Controller a big plus

Comment

Carrera does have a hairpin setup, for the record.
          Tony

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
            Dave Kennedy commented
            Editing a comment
            For the record I made that track piece (and I have the prototype here at my house still) and it's not a hairpin. It's only a squeeze second that's the SAME radius as the standard curve. I tried to get them to make a true hairpin that fit inside the standard curve but for some inexplicable reason they didn't listen.
            Last edited by Dave Kennedy; November 30, 2020, 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling

I bought the the track recently when I switched to Digital, but I took it out because Ghost cars don’t let up.
          Tony

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
            Dave Kennedy commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you mean the ghost cars don't slow down at the curves?

You are correct
          Tony

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
            Dave Kennedy commented
            Editing a comment
            correct, ghost cars are set to a constant speed they cannot speed up and slow down. So you have to set them so they're slow enough to go around the tightest turn.

Thank you Dave and Harry for the review of the Policar Drift set. I'm new to the hobby and like the useful information found here.

Comment

• Dave Kennedy
            Dave Kennedy commented
            Editing a comment
            if you have questions we're here to help. If you want to call me directly I can help you out too. I've done a number of videos (and Harry's done many more too) about this set and Policar in general. IMO it's the best place to start IF you also like these cars too. As a system this system is the best value in general also IMO.

• Track Racing Gear
            Track Racing Gear commented
            Editing a comment
            Again thank you, Dave. I had purchased a Scalextric set last Christmas for a grandson. [ just a shot in the dark] This year with a little more knowledge I added to it. Some track and a couple of new cars. I have other grand children and I will be making future purchases and the PoliCar products are looking good. Thanks, Tom

• Dave Kennedy
            Dave Kennedy commented
            Editing a comment
            So i'm personally suggesting Policar but that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy Scalextric or any other brand. It's just that I personally feel one brand is slight better than others.
        Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1