NSR Fiat Abarth 500 (Spanish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSR Fiat Abarth 500 (Spanish)

Nice review, but having owned two of the NSR Fiat's, I wasn't a big fan. Ran them no mag and no weight on wood and they were top heavy.

Comment

I have a couple of those, too. I find they need some weight, but they are still top heavy. They are about .75 seconds slower (at best) than my good cars. The lack of adjustable rear body mount, no front wheel height adjustment and limited pod adjustment makes the overall chassis design comparable to much cheaper brands. They are not good value for the money. They compete with my Pioneer Legends on my MDF track, but the Legends cost a lot less.
      Last edited by Bal r 14; July 13, 2022, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I had these cars, and they ran fantastically on my then Ninco track. I don't think they are meant to compete with Moslers and your fastest cars. To themselves once you get the hang of the driving them, I ran no mag, they are really good handlers and faster than you would expect them to be. Mine had the 20K sharks and those are great motors. Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold mine. Maybe I'll have to get new ones! In any case they are a great buy minimal tuning and run great in my opinion without spending any extra to make it happen.

Have FUN!!

Comment

• Bal r 14
          Bal r 14 commented
          Editing a comment
          I mentioned the performance difference just for reference. I do enjoy driving it as it's more of a challenge.

Remember the NSR Renault Clio? I bought two of them, and both were so blindingly fast, I got tired of them. One spun the rears so fast, the tires would leave the wheel, even though they were tightly mounted. You could hold the car and run the motor, and see a tire halo around the wheel. Easy fix, but something to see for sure. The folks who bought them from me had plastic track, and they were surprised at how screaming fast they were. It seems like NSR would have used the same chassis for the Abarth?

Comment

• GTI
          GTI commented
          Editing a comment
          I did have the clios as well and yes they ran great just like the Abarth.

• Bal r 14
          Bal r 14 commented
          Editing a comment
          The Clio is larger and is an anglewinder, sidewinder or inline and uses the monster Evo King or Shark 25. They also have adjustable front wheel height and better pod adjustments. Other than looking similar to the Abarth and the rear body mount, they have little in common.
          Last edited by Bal r 14; July 13, 2022, 12:18 PM.
      Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1