• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalextric Cuda

Just my ramblings...

-Harry

Great honest and to the point review!
    I had many of the same thoughts and hopefully with some work we can all make this car look, handle and go around the track better. Glad we have the car even though it was a bit of a disappointment upon receiving.
    thanks again for the review! 👍🏻

Comment

I wish you had compared the ‘cuda to the Challenger.
      After all, they are sister corporate cars.
      I wish Scalextric would get away from the clamshell design.

Comment

• Michael Squier
        Michael Squier commented
        Editing a comment
        I would like to see how it compares to the Challenger too. They should have a similar stance.

They sure got that stance wrong. This is what they should go for next! Anyone know what PG tires will work for this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	32EB90E5-3C31-404C-BE69-D1D6CCAD6EA0.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	133199

Comment

30205!
        -Harry

Comment

Here’s an interesting shot of the restored TA cars. Notice how the nose of the 48 is higher than the 42 behind it, the Posey car sits much lower in all the pictures I’ve seen from vintage shots but it was built by a different shop. From vintage photos, hard to find of the Gurney cars, the nose seems to change its height thru out the racing season.

Name:	70475D3E-D3D1-4339-86C3-DCFD7E41C218.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	133204

Comment

• Dodgefarmer
            Dodgefarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            With Chrysler's torsion bar front suspension system, front ride height adjustment is just a simple bolt turn. Front ride height can be adjusted over 4" variance by tightening or loosening a 1/2' x 4" bolt located in the lower control arm.

• GTOking
            GTOking commented
            Editing a comment
            True about the ride height adjustment bolt but lowering the front with that bolt increases camber. Back in the day I lowered my 1973 Challenger that way, looked awesome and gained top end speed but I wore out the inside edges of the front tires with the camber off. Dad wasn't too happy about that lol

• Michael Squier
            Michael Squier commented
            Editing a comment
            GTO, I saw a few picks from the front and these guys ran lots of negative camber up front. Helps in the turns.

My biggest gripe about the new Cuda is that driver Dan is much to short and they cut off the poor guys legs! I guess I could find a scale phone book and boost him up a bit. The other nit pick is the passenger seat, they didn’t have one.

Comment

• Silberpfeil
            Silberpfeil commented
            Editing a comment
            That classic question for the ages: Is it "correct" or does it just look better the "new way"?

• Michael Squier
            Michael Squier commented
            Editing a comment
            Personally I don’t think it looks bad as is, looks good on my track. But, as a replica the designers could have done a bit more research and gotten the details a little closer.

Nice review. I am not really disappointed with mine at all. I put a spacer in the rear axle, trued the tires, and added some weight to the chassis. I will pick up some better tires though.

Comment

I was a little disappointed with the Scalextric Cuda, the SCX is my preference.

Comment

You 1/32 guys got to be happy you have these cars available and you can modify them to your expectations. I would sure find some decals and do a conversion to the S&M drag car look. As hard as it is for to get American iron,at least they are doing some.
              Matt B
              So. In
              Crashers

Comment

Here's a good place to start.... 😉

Name:	Scalextric_C3935_Dodge_Challenger_White_edition_weisse_strassenversion_rennwagen_Musclecar_1-2440041016.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	161780

Name:	s-l1000-4110438323.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	161779
                Mark

Comment

• arroldn
                  arroldn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your top picture is a Challenger, but you know that.

• Silberpfeil
                  Silberpfeil commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Think everybody knows that....
              Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1