Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

Just joined the forum a few weeks ago. This is my first post. My wife was doing some spring cleaning and came across an HO set .

Started watching some you tube videos and got bit by the bug. The set is Hot Wheels Battle Slam.

The cars won't run. Don't know if it's the cars or the controls or the power pack. Don't know the next step.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
    Just joined the forum a few weeks ago. This is my first post. My wife was doing some spring cleaning and came across an HO set .

Started watching some you tube videos and got bit by the bug. The set is Hot Wheels Battle Slam.

The cars won't run. Don't know if it's the cars or the controls or the power pack. Don't know the next step.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Paul
    Follow the juice. When plugged in does the power pack ‘hum?’ Assuming it’s a wall wart. If it does, is it putting out power? Next, is that power getting to the track? Check connections with voltmeter. If it’s getting to the track, is it getting to the cars? Put volt meter probes on track rails, power pack on, controller engaged. If so, check pickups on cars. Intact? Connections from pickups to motor intact?

Drive wheels on cars not stuck?
    Last edited by 4380r; April 24, 2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Clean the cars and track. Pay special attention to the joints that connect track sections together. Lightly oil the motor bearings and test the cars on a power supply or 9V battery. Once the cars are running then you can start testing the track. Do you have the service manual?

https://service.mattel.com//instruct...BATTLESLAM.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I'll follow the juice. I'll invest in a volt ohm meter

Comment

An automotive light bulb and test leads will do the same thing
          a bright light is good power
          Dave
          Peterborough Ont
          CANADA

Comment

Sometimes, if things have been sitting a while, all you have to do is simply finger roll the rear wheels; so the brushes scuff the tarnish off the commutator in the motors. Sounds dumb, but it's common.

Comment

Thanks everybody. The cars do work. I'm going to check the transformer Again tomorrow. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1