A couple of neat finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of neat finds

I came across this first set on Craigslist. The guy was cleaning out his parents house and came across his old slot car set. Some pretty cool cars and really neat art work on the box. The damaged Toranado donated it's bumpers to a good body I had needing bumpers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0818.jpg Views:	0 Size:	345.7 KB ID:	74780

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0821.jpg Views:	0 Size:	396.1 KB ID:	74781

The next set was on Facebook Market Place. It was listed as free, pick up on porch. Contacted the seller and picked it up! It came with a bunch of track. This stuff is still out there!

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0822.jpg Views:	0 Size:	365.5 KB ID:	74782

Lucky devil!

That bunch is a great find.

Comment

If you want to part w that #5 Porsche....pm me
      The Jester
      of Da Lou (St. Louis) but from
      the Soxside (Chicago)

Comment

• docdoom
        docdoom commented
        Editing a comment
        down boy down. the drool is ever here.

• Brumos RSR
        Brumos RSR commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, I didn’t ask about the Camaro or the 57 Vette. I was keeping it classy😀

• dge467
        dge467 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am going to keep that one, but I have another on that is a little rough I would part with.

Good find, happy you got it.
      Matt B
      So. In
      Crashers

Comment

I failed to mention it yesterday, and you probably already know .... be extra careful with that red Tycopro Daytona. Looks like the moneyball in a really nice lot. Pretty dang rare if its as clean as it looks from here and in one piece.

Comment

• dge467
          dge467 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, never seen one in that color before, it is in excellent shape.. Gave it a few nice easy laps though

Priceless finds...AWESOMENESS...great finds!!!
        TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
        Warren, Ohio

Comment

Great finds!!!!
          Rusty
          Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

Very nice score!

If the GTO in your race case is an Aurora that's worth quite a bit.
            If it's a Johnny Lightning, not so much.

Comment

• dge467
              dge467 commented
              Editing a comment
              It is an original, unfortunately they opened up the rear wheel openings. Darn Hop Up kits! LOL!

how rare is tyco daytona i have one yellow and black came on a tyco 440 x2 wide pan chassis

Comment

• dge467
              dge467 commented
              Editing a comment
              This one is from the early 70's. Yellow one is from early 90's. According to my Tyco book they are pretty common. It rates as a #5 on their scale from 1-5 of availability. As far as $ goes I couldn't tell you. It is cool in the yellow for sure!

Great haul!
            Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

thank you for the info i know i strayed off the orignal post here so let me add nice find i look at garage sales and such all the time rare to find such a good haul

Comment

Ya did it again, my friend! For me, I love the box artwork. I've got a good stack of vintage slot set boxes, various scales, with the same type of classic artwork. When I get more vertical wall space, I'm gonna frame a few more of them. Good hearing from you, hopefully 2021 is the year we can once again see each other face to face at a show! Please say hello to your Dad for me.
                Stay safe, stay healthy, and... Enjoy! -- Ernie

Comment

• dge467
                  dge467 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Ernie! Hope you are doing well.Those old box tops are cool. These old cars are still out there. Dad is doing well thanks.

very nice find

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1