New AW set unboxed and set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AW set unboxed and set up

Sort a back to basics for me right now. Sinse I don`t have a home track complete yet, this was my trigger therapy set. As sets go this 1 was pretty simple, I just went by the instructions, and set up the box cover photo set. This option uses every piece of track that comes in the box. Everything is snap together, plug and play, other than the flags and walk way bridge that are peel and apply stickers, and the bridge is a cardboard press together deal. Wall wart and 2 simple controllers and I was feeling the feeling and smelling the smell. Pretty cool little set worked out of the box flawlessly, I`m even running some vintage t jets and having a ball.

Last edited by Mark Thomas; November 26, 2020, 01:10 PM.
    Mark

Looks like fun Mark!!
    Rusty

Comment

Very cool set! The pedestrian bridge is a nice touch. This set reminds me very much of the first set I ever got. It was Christmas '67 and I received a Thunderjet set that also came with a Ford GT40 and a Chaparral 2F - Tough Ones. My set was a small figure-8 and it came with thumb plunger controllers and Y-shaped trestles. It may have been a Sears or J.C. Penney exclusive. Not sure about that. I've never seen photos of it on the web. And unfortunately that's the only Christmas that I don't have photos of.
      Team SCANC
      Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
      OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
      Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

That is a fine looking set!
        -Harry

Comment

Very nice.! Very, very nice!

(I don't need more track, I don't need more track...)
          Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

• BIG E
            BIG E commented
            Editing a comment
            I know what ya mean... another set I've gotta buy to get the cars and then sell off the rest of it to recoup some of the cash. I already did that with a couple of their sets. First was the set with the XTraction FORD GT40 and C6R Corvette. Then came the Route 66 set, I only wanted the red/white Chevy Bel Air, then I sold the Dodge Charger new in the jewel box separately. Most recently the California Cruisin' set. I love the blue finish on the '56 Ford pickup, the best they've done to date, in my opinion. I WILL be selling that black/charcoal two tone '55 Chevy Bel Air, though...
            In each case I sold off the rest of the set to a guy with his kid(s) at a show looking to get something going. 50 bucks complete, less cars, and then they walked around the show buying whatever type cars they liked. A win-win for all parties involved!
            Last edited by BIG E; November 28, 2020, 06:49 PM.

Nothing wrong with going back to basics,. I like what Auto World is doing with these kits. The lemans track looks good. Thanks for the pics.

Comment

I'm logged in, but can't get the video to play. It says it's unavailable and private.
            I feel unloved... Ernie

Comment

• noddaz
              noddaz commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't see it either. But I can see the pictures listed under it.

Very cool, looks great!
            Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

Comment

That really is an awesome set love the cars !

Comment

Nice set, have fun!

Comment

Oh Mark! Oh Mark! Now I AM disappointed! I can actually see the video and you did not actually race cars on it!

BTW, how does the Aurora Chaparral compare to the AW Chaparral? I can see some body differences.
                  Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

Tried to edit my earlier post but was having problems.
                    Anyway, I realized the markings on the cars in the AW 24 Hour HO racing set are decals, much like the recent three AW Thunderjet Trans Am cars. Kind of disappointing, because the Tampo printing usually employed looks fine and is much more durable. I emailed Doug at Auto World about this and am awaiting a response. So... I purchased ANOTHER set, where the decal stripes on the front of the GT40 are properly aligned with the ones on the roof and rear deck! I'll use the other "imperfect" GT40 for a runner/racer body (OK, it's not off by THAT much, but it annoys me just the same). I know, picky picky, but the FORD GT series is my favorite all time race car. Now I have TWO sets to sell off, complete less the cars. Hope we can get back to having some model/slot car shows in the next few months! Last show I attended was the slot car show at Modelville Hobby in MA, February 23, 2020. Bob Beers and I laid out six vendor tables of slot stuff in all scales (heavy on the HO, of course). We both did well and I was looking forward to going back with 3 or 4 wooden slot car boxes so I could jut PLAY on the five 1/24 commercial and at least a half dozen custom HO tracks. I didn't even have time to look around the place or look at the parts wall behind the main counter!
                    Stay well and have a Happy Holiday season! -- Ernie

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    UA-149438709-1