Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFX Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Blue LIMITED EDITION Mega-G+ front axle issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone agree that the recent Ford v. Ferrari movie had anything to do with the exorbitant price gouging? I would think that would be the primary reason for the increase, as I'm sure more casual racers saw the movie than those that participate in specific HO racing series. In the NY Metro area, I noticed the retail prices jumping soon after the movie was released, along with the internet listings as well. Being a Ford guy, and a huge fan of the FORD GT in all it's different forms, I'm glad I got a few extra to use for racing before things got out of hand. You never can tell. -- Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by BIG E View Post
      Anyone agree that the recent Ford v. Ferrari movie had anything to do with the exorbitant price gouging? I would think that would be the primary reason for the increase, as I'm sure more casual racers saw the movie than those that participate in specific HO racing series. In the NY Metro area, I noticed the retail prices jumping soon after the movie was released, along with the internet listings as well. Being a Ford guy, and a huge fan of the FORD GT in all it's different forms, I'm glad I got a few extra to use for racing before things got out of hand. You never can tell. -- Ernie
      I'm sure the movie didn't help things any in that regard. Still, I looked for a GT-40 body well before the movie was released, and just couldn't justify spending almost as much on a body as I did for my chassis. Now the prices have gone even higher.
      One other consideration I had was seeing multiple cars of the same colors and schemes on track at the same time. There were only a few GT-40 body colors available, and unless you wanted to custom paint your own, chances were pretty good you'd be lining up with an identical car in the lane next to you. To me, it's much more interesting visually (and realistically) to have various body styles and manufacturers represented on track at any one time.
      Here is my 'Spec Stock' Nissan. AFX body on a Viper V1 chassis with a body lowering clip.

Comment

Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1