Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DougG
    commented on 's reply
    I found some of the track I was looking for at slot car central. My set is from about 1991 and simply says Tyco on the pieces. I just thought that with his large inventory of stuff his estate would want to sell it, perhaps an online auction or to a dealer as a bulk sale. Someone has to be handling an estate for him since he owned real estate and other assets.

• RichD
    replied
    Tyco Pro track? Slot Car Central has a few things. I looked on ebay, I searched for Tyco Pro track and got a fair number of hits. Later Tyco/Mattel track is easier to come by.

Leave a comment:

• DougG
    replied
    It is sad to discover Greg is gone. I have an older TYCO set and he was the only place I could find track and related items for TYCO. Does anybody know if his sister or estate is going to sell his inventory? Does anyone know where else I can get TYCO track and other accessories.

Leave a comment:

• SlotCat
    replied
    Oh no, so sad, sorry to read about his untimely passing! I've done much reading of his site and that's where I got my 5x10' table plans (that I slightly modified) but a great resource and will be sorely missed! Thanks RichD for preserving the site info and the wayback machine link.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    If you need parts for older cars Slot Car Central would be the first place to look.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Mac
    replied
    I'm from Australia and have been dealing with Greg for over 20 years I was actually about to make a big order and couldn't get a response from him and then the website went down as well. Found this forum and was shocked to hear the news. I still have some the boxes with his name and details on it, one has a date back in 2002. He had the best assortment of HO slots around and always willing to share his knowledge. His prices were always fair and I never encountered any issues for overseas delivery from him. RIP brother hopefully someone over there can step up to the plate and provide such a quality service as down under your lucky to find anyone that deals in HO slots and no chance of finding any spares for old pre 70's and 70's.

Leave a comment:

• Darkron9
    replied
    I first got into HO scale racing 10 years ago and bought a Tuckaway 25 kit from Gregory Braun to build my track.

I was hoping that another member of Gregory Braun's family or close friend would continue the website. Like another here, I out in a small order on April 27th. I'll have to contact Paypal as well.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    The original site has been suspended, but an archived version is available via the WaybackMachine site. https://web.archive.org/web/20190110...carracing.com/

Leave a comment:

• MikeB
    replied
    I found out this sad news today and I had already started to fear something had happened.,I had a small order thru PayPal which I’m not worried about as they will sort it out. When I saw the site down I googled some more and found this forum. He seemed like a really nice guy. His site was awesome and he also was a computer scientist based on his other site. Of course I didn’t know him but I have been looking at the site for several years. With all of this uncertainty now this is another tragic story . I also lost another friend in my car hobby circle today. May they rest in piece.

Leave a comment:

• nulife
    replied
    Great job Rich D of preserving the pages from Greg's site. I started this post....and wanted to report that Paypal today did refund my payment to hoslotracing.com for track I had ordered from his site but never received. I had included in my correspondence with Paypal the notice that I had discovered on Facebook. Stay well everyone!

Leave a comment:

• wrangler#3
    replied
    Geez, wow, sad. Great job preserving his work. I have scoured that site for weeks recently, even was looking into making some additions to my setup. He made great resources available and certainly knew his stuff.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    It is my understanding that Greg Braun had a sister. She may not be aware that there may have been orders that were never filled. It is likely that some people are unaware of Greg's passing and are still trying to place orders. Thus far I have done a little looking to see if I could turn up an obituary or death notice, there was nothing in the local paper or on a funeral home website. Contacting the Brookfield WI police might yield some information.
    If you charged your order you could contact your bank and get the charge removed.
    I have completed the PDF version of the HO Slot Car Racing site. Not all of the material from the site has been included in the PDF version. Part of the site is actually a catalog that I chose to omit. There are hyperlinks to the various sections and ones at the end of the individual sections to navigate back to the home page. Hyperlinks included in the text itself may no longer work. Because of the way the original site was formatted it was difficult to get everything to line up, but at least everything is readable. I did do some minor editing to correct some grammar or spacing issues, but I resisted the temptation to make substantial changes.
    Since the material included in the document is subject to copyright I have decided not to make it available on the Internet at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Bfuqua91
    replied
    So I know this may not exactly be the most appropriate time or place to ask this, but does anyone know how to get into touch with someone that can access his website and/or order history?

I made a rather large purchase from his website(about $350), and now hearing this news, it seems I probably won't be receiving that item.

If anyone could provide me with a way contact someone that could arrange to either ship the order, or refund the purchase, I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: for those looking to preserve his website, you shouldn't need to do anything. The website in its entirety should be preserved on the internet way back machine.
    Last edited by Bfuqua91; April 27, 2020, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    The document that I am working on will include pictures and since it will be spread over many pages there will be hyperlinks to make it easier to navigate from one section to the next. There is a practical limit to how much I can copy at one time, it takes a long time if I select too much. I could also do screen grabs of the pages, I use a program called SnagIt to do that. The selections are saved as picture files that can assembled into a document and then saved as a PDF. I have found that when I do that the picture quality suffers. If I save as a web page I may not be able to edit what I get, I may give that method a shot however.
    There are lots of programs out there that I might use to simplify this task, but those all include the risk of also including some sort of malware. There are sites with links to apps that are supposed to have been checked for malware, don't bet your life on that.

Leave a comment:

• PetesLightKits
    commented on 's reply
    A better(?) way might be to right click on an open space on any given web page and select "Save as" a web page, which will download everything associated with that web page. Of course, you will have to click through to other pages and repeat the "Save as" in order to "rebuild" the website on your computer. This is kind of slightly, maybe, nefarious, but I am sure in this case it is ok. I am at work at the moment so really can't test this, but if I have some time over the weekend I will see how it goes.

UPDATE:
    Well that didn't work too well because the site uses frames. There are freeware software programs available that can download a complete website "automagically".
    Last edited by PetesLightKits; April 24, 2020, 05:12 PM.
Working...
X
UA-149438709-1