Almost Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Finished

Started with this Willys body a while back. She was hurt pretty bad so I figured we could'nt hurt it anymore.

Working with a T-Jet platform, cut the roof off and set it back to make the body appear set back on the frame.

Added some fenders and opened up the front and windows.

Built a hood and added a radiator cover to fill the front of the frame.

Built a little box to hide the screw post and added a cage and bumpers to the frame.

Frame is now painted and radiator cover installed. The body was put on to check header clearance and to
    make sure everything fits. Body color is pending , and the headers and driver are in paint, but she's getting closer.

All for now

Kevin

Good to see ya back.
    That roll cage & bumpers are really cool as well as the rest of the build!

Comment

KCL: "Started with this Willys body a while back. She was hurt pretty bad so I figured we could'nt hurt it anymore."

Hahahaha Kevin! The absolute master of addition by subtraction.

Comment

Great save there! Just don't glue the driver to the drive gear or he will get dizzy!
        Scott
        Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

The Willys is finally finished. Painted her up, decals and all the other small parts are on.

This one's been awhile coming.

All for now

Kevin

Comment

very nice :
            Sylvain

Comment

That is way to cool, great looking car

Comment

This is another one that's been on the bench for awhile, finally getting around to finishing it.
                Based on and old hot rod body. She's been cut, modified and massaged in all ways. Roof
                came from an old Tyco truck.

Chassis is finished and assembled, Body fits good and just needs
                a little patch up work to be ready for paint.

All for now

Kevin

Comment

Those are looking good. Nice work.
                  Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

Hi Kevin, I must admit I don't really spend much time on the HO pages, but, a well done model is a well done model......so.......well done,....really well done!!

Cheers
                    Chris Walker
                    Last edited by chrisguyw; March 28, 2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

It's been awhile, had some other things needing my attention. We left the little hot rod in primer, it has since been painted and finished up.

Have since started on a Mustang. Started with a plile of parts and went from there.

Body was then cut and sectioned thru the middle to narrow it, put back together and mounts made.
                      Not liking the yellow roof, robbed one of a Datsun and narrowed it to fit.

The Datsun's roof looked much better and was mounted on the body. A pillers were made and a hood started.

After the chassis was started, bumpers were built and roll cage were all mounted on the chassis and sanded up.

Injection cover has been mounted to the hood and body checked for fit.

Getting close to paint. A driver has been made to fit and headers still need to be made up
                      but she's getting closer.

All for now

Kevin

Comment

That is a good use for a notchback Mustang! And #12 is SWEET!

Scott
                        Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

One of my favorite modelers of all time! GREAT to see your latest work!!!

Comment

Beautiful work...the Willy's is my all time favorite too!!!
                            TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!

Comment

You sure do some nice work, makes me want to try building one.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              UA-149438709-1