HO Scale modifieds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HO Scale modifieds

I haven't been around in a while but here's a sample of what I've been doing since I made the switch to HO late last year. I started out with HO when I was a kid so this is a return to my roots. It's been fun so far! Some of these are AW Tjets, some are AW X Tractions, one is an old AFX Non Magnatraction, and a couple areTyco's.

Man,those look great!!
    Rusty
    Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

Great Job! Looking Good
      Jeff Fitzpatrick
      Troy, New York

Comment

You may have answered this before, but what prompted you to switch scales from 1:32 to HO? How's the racing at this smaller size?

Comment

I started out with HO when I was a kid. When I got out of racing RC cars and back into slots in 2004 I thought a lot about which scale to go with and the Artin tracks were very reasonably priced so I went with 1:32 scale. After a bunch of years I got a little burned out on the bigger cars and made the decision to switch to HO. I had a small Tyco track laying around so I hit ebay and bought enough Tyco to build a 12 foot by 36 inch 4 lane oval. I'm enjoying the little cars so far. One of the reasons I switched if the availability of vintage dirt modified type bodies but I've been building the Mustangs, Pintos, Gremlins and all of the 80's style modifieds from scratch using .030" styrene. I run Tjets which require the most chassis tuning but when you get one just right they're a ton of fun. Tyco 440X2 which are bullets without any tuning at all but the traction magnets keep them so glued down they're not very realistic. Probably my favorite right now are the Auto World XTractions. I remove the traction magnet so the only down force is the motor magnets. They're fast but not too fast, you still have to drive them.

Rick

Comment

Looks like somebody's havin' FUN!!
            Enjoy! -- Ernie

Comment

Very interesting. I started off in the early 60' with HO, then to 1/32 for home layouts and 1/24 for commercial tracks. I'm now running 1/43 and just ordered some 1/64 cars to try on my Carrera Go roundy round. I make em' into Dwarf modifieds.

It's a retire to a condo limited room thing!!!!

Carrera Scalextric Slot Car 1 64 Racing Parts Police Toy For Children Gift - Railed/motor/cars/bicycles - AliExpress

1:64 Electric Race Track Car Accessories Toys Double Remote Control Car Autorama Circuit Voiture Railway Slot Vehicle Kids Gifts - Railed/motor/cars/bicycles - AliExpress

Comment

HOCOC has a series for mid '60s through mid 70's modifieds using a T-Jet chassis. We also do modern Whelen Modifieds on Magnatraction or X-Traction (without the traction magnet) chassis and SK Modifieds using the long AFX Mega G plus chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldGuy View Post
                  Very interesting. I started off in the early 60' with HO, then to 1/32 for home layouts and 1/24 for commercial tracks. I'm now running 1/43 and just ordered some 1/64 cars to try on my Carrera Go roundy round. I make em' into Dwarf modifieds.

It's a retire to a condo limited room thing!!!!

Carrera Scalextric Slot Car 1 64 Racing Parts Police Toy For Children Gift - Railed/motor/cars/bicycles - AliExpress

1:64 Electric Race Track Car Accessories Toys Double Remote Control Car Autorama Circuit Voiture Railway Slot Vehicle Kids Gifts - Railed/motor/cars/bicycles - AliExpress
                  These look interesting! Have you gotten any to try out yet?

Comment

HO cars will run backwards on a1/43rd track. You could either add reversing switches to your track or modify the HO cars. In the case of pancake type cars it is easy to reverse the motor magnets. With modern inline cars you can reverse the rear axle assembly. The rails on 1/43rd and HO tracks have a different spacing. You might have to install Slide Guides in the HO cars.

Comment

Something peculiar about the cheapest car option, apparently can only buy a single car?? Seems pointless.

Comment

????

I bought six cars, two each from three different sellers. Two sites offer individual choices and the other ships randomly. Cars from all sites are identical, except for the bodies.

Similar to 1/43 Artin.

They are of good quality, the tires work well and run smooth as is.
                        Last edited by GoldGuy; May 26, 2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0204.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	162906

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1