Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Track

Hey guys.
    New to this forum but not to the site. Been toiling away over in 1/43 for years to no avail. Got tired of the manufacturers giving us nothing but Spider-Man and Mario Brothers. So I gave up. I went out to the attic in the garage drug out the HO scale. I dusted off the Tjets and bought a few more cars. So anyway this is what I've come up with so far. 16 x 5 four lane with a lot more Landscaping to do. I should have done this a long time ago. It has put the fun back in it for me.

That's a nice looking track!

Comment

That looks like some serious fun!!!!!
      Rusty
      Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

Looking good, Grasshopper!

Comment

Nice work TA6870. Glad you decided to get into what makes you happy with this hobby.
          Wish I would have had a four laner when I still ran HO. I had more friends back then to race against.
          Scott C.
          Amherst, WI
          Just "a simple kind of man".

Comment

I love what you are going
            Austin
            Merrimack, NH

Comment

GREAT looking track and landscaping! Always great to see another HO track coming into the mix!

Comment

nice track and nice deco

Sylvain

Comment

Thanks guys.
                  I have probably routed a couple dozen 1/43 tracks but they have always been more concrete-ish, so this is my first real venture into Landscaping. But it seems now I am running into the same problem in HO scale as far as figures are concerned. I am sure you all know but what I have found is all 1950s train figures. I have purchase some of the Preisers but I don't want to have to take out a loan to populate the grandstand. Know what I mean?

Comment

Looks awesome! Keep sharing these, it helps inspire folks like me!
                    Bill
                    Eugene, OR
                    Thingiverse stuff

Comment

Wow. Gorgeous track! Can't wait to see that when it's 100%! You should join the next HO Proxy. Your track might be a nice addition!
                      "Stay off the wall and out of the infield...and wheels down."

Comment

Thank you. But I got a long way to go before I can think about that. The Taps are in but none of the other wiring. And I will be asking what you guys are using for timing System . And I've just now got the legs underneath it. When I started this track I laid hit out on 2 8 ft folding tables and started laying out track. Things kept progressing and I kept telling myself I need to put legs under it. So I finally got that done this weekend. I have borrowed cues from several tracks that I have seen. Kastleburg Raceway in particular. That was an awesome track. I am working on the tunnel right now and trying to get it landscaped.

Comment

Track has a nice flow to it and i like your scenery.
                          What is your method for cutting the foam ?

In response to your question on people , there's a whole new vice you can get into with 3D printing.
                          Plenty of figures in a variety of poses to choose from !
                          They can be scaled from 1/87 to 1:1 .

Mike

Comment

Nicely done, I look forward to seeing the completed project. I like the circuit design and the use of the foam for the elevation changes. Thanks for the photos, and... Enjoy! -- Ernie

Comment

Thanks guys. I have looked at 3D printed figures, but I absolutely loathe painting figures and I don't want to be well into my retirement by the time I I'm done painting The Hundreds that I would need so going to by the standard figures and sprinkle in some preiser and 3D printed ones that way I don't have to paint so many of them. My methods for cutting foam are very simple. Really big sharp knife, Hotwire, or score it a little bit and snap it over my knee LOL. Any of the leftover foam by the way was ground up in a blender with water a little bit of alcohol and varying shades of green and brown resin casting dye. All the grass, some of the trees and 90% of the bushes Are All Made of This ground up foam. I saw that trick on a YouTube model train video. Works really good. And a hell of a lot cheaper. The grandstands and the pit garages or made from a 4 x 4 sheet of .125 styrene. The Kastleburg Clubhouse area that I borrowed from is made from 2 Atlas Roadside restaurant kits.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              UA-149438709-1