Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HO proxy looking for tracks

I am now looking for tracks starting 2020 for the HO Proxy Race,

Last edited by Austin; February 22, 2021, 11:56 AM.
    Austin
    Merrimack, NH

I will host a race for the 2021 season if there's any interest.
    What do you guys say?

Comment

I think Terry has re-registered and will be posting about being willing to host - what type of class(es) are you thinking sir! More Friday Night type cars or?
      (hopefully a fairly restricted rule type class like that as it made for some good close racing last time!)

Also - I may be able to host at the routed wood track at Mark's Model World - need to check to see if I can get some volunteer help to run it - do we have an approx time line as to when the series would kick off?

Comment

• Zcarfan
        Zcarfan commented
        Editing a comment
        I know a guy that would probably make the trip.

• TuscoTodd
        TuscoTodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear it Mike! If we can get Aronn and Terry involved as well, we should be good to go! That would provide for at least two tracks if not three here in Ohio.

Really enjoyed the Friday Night class we race in 2019!
      Cheap to build a car, but still some tweaking to make the Auto World / Johnny Lightning chassis run fast.

No time line yet, was talking about it with Austin last week.
      Couple of months?
      I just need to clean up my cars, and get ready to run at the back again.

Comment

Let me get this together.
        Austin
        Merrimack, NH

Comment

Hi, I'm brand new to the group. Referred by Norman. Our HO club of 40 years ended due to Covid, and I've been wondering what to do with all my HO stuff. I've never done "Proxy Racing", but it sounds like a good way to stay active in the hobby. I'd be interested. Hope to hear from some members soon.
          Tony ("Fairlane")
          "Stay off the wall and out of the infield...and wheels down."

Comment

• TuscoTodd
            TuscoTodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad to have you aboard sir! Proxy racing definitely makes for a fun way to stay active in the hobby and see how the cars you put together perform on an equal footing on various tracks around the country. The host provide feedback on the cars, along with race summaries and pictures along with updates for the series points totals. It makes for a fun and interesting format.

Hi Tony, I still go to Norman's when he lets me. Spent the day last week just playing around with cars.
          Austin
          Merrimack, NH

Comment

Hi Tony, I think you'll have a lot of fun on this forum!

Donny can only come over if he lets me win

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
              Hi Tony, I think you'll have a lot of fun on this forum!

Donny can only come over if he lets me win
              That is very hard to do as his cars are so slow
              Austin
              Merrimack, NH

Comment

See you soon!

Comment

Don't be so sure... he has a new Charger that with new tires and a tune up might give you a little competition.
                  "Stay off the wall and out of the infield...and wheels down."

Comment

I would like to host a race in this series but I do not think that I could get any drivers. I race HO cars with HOCOC, and I normally host two races each season. The hitch is that only one other driver in the club is from Connecticut. We have not held a race since February of last year, we are planning to resume racing in May with the same sort of precautions that Shoreline Model Raceways, my 1/32nd club, uses.
                    My track is a MaxTrax which can be configured as either a road course or an oval with lights for night time racing.

I will send an e-mail to the other members of the club to see if there is any interest in this proxy series.
                    HOCOC has a class just for Johnny Lightning/Auto World cars, they are similar to Fray/T-Jet SS cars, except that they use hard bodies and slip-on tires.
                    I have written an article on tuning those cars: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PQm...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• TuscoTodd
                      TuscoTodd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know I would love to see them run on your track! Even if you have to run them as solo time attack type of run, I think it would make for a pretty cool venue for the field to be run on!
                      And I definitely encourage anyone who hasn't had seen your tuning articles to check them out - GREAT info there!!!

A couple of people have volunteered to drive so far. A few years back I built Johnny Lightning cars for all of the members of Shoreline Model Raceways, which is my 1/32nd scale club. We did a number of races on my road course, so there are more drivers near me that are familiar with both that track and type of car. Most of the regular HOCOC racers would have to drive hundreds of miles to do this race. One guy has shown an interest, but is not ready to make a commitment.

Comment

Just say the word Dr. D - I'll be there and drag Austin down with me!

Comment

That would be great! I live 15 minutes from Mike and Wayne. I guess that you can pencil me in for a slot. If I could get a possible date I will check to see if I have a commitment for that time.

Comment

• Austin
                          Austin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looks like I will be on by way down.
                      Working...
                      X
                      UA-149438709-1