Fray Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fray Cars

I just watched the Fray car video. It looked like fun and the cars ran much better than stock T-Jets.
    But why do they have to have the tires sticking so far out of the body? The car shown upside down had plenty of room on the rear axle to suck the tires in, and the weights on the front could surely be relocated from between the chassis and front wheel. IMO the tires sticking out destroyed the good looks of the bodies.

In the case of Fray and the very similar T-Jet SS cars scale appearance is sacrificed for increased performance. Those are probably the most popular type of HO cars that use the original Aurora T-Jet chassis. I suppose that not everyone is obsessed with cars that are also scale models. In my opinion there is room in the hobby for people that like their cars to look like their 1:1 counterparts and for those whose cars are built for maximum performance.

Comment

The cars in the Fray video are actually running much slower than they do in Fray competition. I agree that the cars look a bit silly but it is the only way they can attain the "racing" speeds that they do.

There are more videos on you tube of actual Fray events and the cars are just colored blurs going around the track.

I've driven Fray prepared cars on a regular HO track and our usual 10 Volts, they feel like you can almost run them wide open.

Comment

• jrrclk
        jrrclk commented
        Editing a comment
        The Frays cars in the video are running about 3/10 of a second a lap faster than they do at the Fray. The Mustang IROCs at the end of the video are a bit slower than an actual Fray car.

Originally posted by WB2 View Post
      I just watched the Fray car video. It looked like fun and the cars ran much better than stock T-Jets.
      But why do they have to have the tires sticking so far out of the body? The car shown upside down had plenty of room on the rear axle to suck the tires in, and the weights on the front could surely be relocated from between the chassis and front wheel. IMO the tires sticking out destroyed the good looks of the bodies.
      Some clubs run Fray style cars with "skinny tires" that don't stick out past the body.

Comment

Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1