New HOCOC Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HOCOC Series

For the 2021-2022 racing season HOCOC is launching a new series called Modified Madness. The class will be run at alternate events and the cars are intended to replicate the type that were raced on oval tracks in the Northeast circa the middle ‘60s to the middle ‘70s.

Here is a car that I am working on, it uses an Aurora A/FX chassis and look rather like the famous #3 car that Fred DeSarro drove.

The rules for this class have not yet been finalized, check www.hococ.weebly.com .
    Last edited by RichD; July 13, 2021, 01:48 PM.

Very cool!

Comment

The rules for this class have been published and only T-Jet type chassis will be legal. The #3 car is an A/FX so that will have to set aside for now. Only two of the cars that I had built for the old HOCOC Coupe class had T-Jet chassis. I had to replace the wheels and tires on this car to bring in into line with the current rules.

Comment

Rich, just curious. Whose wheels and tires did you use on the 06? I'm just getting in to these and I'm not up to speed as to what vendors make what.
        Thanks
        Rick

Comment

In the past I had written an article that listed recommended parts for all of the HOCOC classes. The article is a PDF with clickable hot links to various suppliers. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzL...ew?usp=sharing
          Suppliers come and go, so the article needs to be updated.
          The rear wheels are JW's HO Speed Parts WO8P-N, the N indicates white plastic wheels, they are also available in black plastic, aluminum and brass. I am not positive about the front wheels, they may be JW's WO5P-N or Balls Out Indy front wheels. The rear tires I had hanging around in an unmarked bag, The front tires I had specially made out of a hard urethane compound.

Comment

Thanks, I'm going to get an order together for some wheels. I have two old AJ's aluminum wheel axle and jam nuts sets from the 70"s that I put some silicones on and they work pretty well but I need something for the rest of my Tjet builds as the stock wheel and tire set ups are too small to look realistic on a modified.

Comment

I finally tracked down the rear tires that I used, they are Wizzard PVT 02 Low Pros, which were made by Penn Valley. Tom Hiester took over the Penn Valley line and the part # is now S401.

Comment

Thanks Rich, I'm making a list of stuff I need and this will help me a lot.

Rick

Comment

I just completed a new car with a Pinto body. Here are all three of my cars posed under the lights.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1