Raced HO Cars Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raced HO Cars Today

Bought these AFX cars a while back cleaned & tuned them last week new wings and tires they are all NON-Magnatraction chassis what a blast to run!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210627_105806.jpg Views:	2 Size:	359.9 KB ID:	105625
    Last edited by Fitzy; June 27, 2021, 11:05 PM.
    Jeff Fitzpatrick
    Troy, New York

Those look great! It is nice to see the AF/X non-MagnaTraction chassis getting pressed into use!
    I like those just as much as my T-jets!
    Thanks for sharing the pic!

Comment

How awe some is that? Super cool to see these in action.
      Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/hrw-a...gends-bullring

Comment

Very nice!

Still one of my favorite cars/chassis to run. Fast n loose

Comment

Cool deal!!!!
          Rusty
          Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

Glad You Guys like them they are a blast to run much like the Thunder Jets "Fast & Loose" they all have Mean Green Armatures and I started using Super Tires on the rears .474R's that made a huge difference now they are fast and loose but smooth I added some pics of the bottom sides I have been cleaning then with copper cleaner an old green chassis can look like brand new again in just a couple hours of work I'll have to show one before and after Ive been restoring an AFX every week for the past year so I have a bunch of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210116_165644.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	105827

Name:	20210531_212702.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	105828

Name:	20210620_131207.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	105829

Name:	20210625_231020.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	105830
            Jeff Fitzpatrick
            Troy, New York

Comment

Name:	20210429_223421.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	395.1 KB
ID:	105832

Name:	20210531_212733.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	105833

Name:	20210620_131225.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	105834

Name:	20210625_231034.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	105835
              Jeff Fitzpatrick
              Troy, New York

Comment

I always liked the detail of the slot car track on the #54 orange Oscar Koveleski/AutoWorld McLaren.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	287DD6C7-C8C5-4050-A510-94EF0D7FEA2B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	20.5 KB ID:	105853

Comment

Great group of cars you have there!
                  Thank you for sharing them with us!

Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

Very nice work! They all cleaned up beautifully!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys I'll have to put a bunch more of them on here I've been restoring a Tjet or Magnatraction / Non Magnatraction car every week for the past year I would never had thought when I was a kid I'd be buying these cars 50 yrs later restoring them and racing them gotta tell ya the majority of these cars just need tires and a cleanup / tuneup some of them needed pickup shoes few of them I put new motor brushes in but most of them just tires for parts they held up extremely well
                      Jeff Fitzpatrick
                      Troy, New York

Comment

VERY cool, Jeff. Looks like you've got round edge .474 or .460 Super Tires on the rear and O rings up front, a set up I use very often myself. Pickup some OEM Auroara AFX original G Plus steel guide pins for all those chassis. Try Bob at Slot Car Central, he usually has the original packages with 24 pieces in the bag from the factory. They'll all run smooth and consistent in the slot and the pins will last a long time! Been using them on all my AFX and Magna Traction runners and racers since they became available back in the day. No more messin' with that wobbly blade to get it straight in the slot. They won't bottom out in Aurora lock and joiner track, either. Enjoy, my friend... Ernie
                        *** PS -- They work on the AW Xtraction chassis, too...
                        Last edited by BIG E; July 1, 2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=BIG E;n106265]VERY cool, Jeff. Looks like you've got round edge .474 or .460 Super Tires on the rear and O rings up front, a set up I use very often myself. Pickup some OEM Auroara AFX original G Plus steel guide pins for all those chassis. Try Bob at Slot Car Central, he usually has the original packages with 24 pieces in the bag from the factory. They'll all run smooth and consistent in the slot and the pins will last a long time! Been using them on all my AFX and Magna Traction runners and racers since they became available back in the day. No more messin' with that wobbly blade to get it straight in the slot. They won't bottom out in Aurora lock and joiner track, either. Enjoy, my friend... Ernie
                          *** PS -- They work on the AW Xtraction chassis, too...

Ernie, The rears are .474R's They are the best tire I have found for these cars O rings on the front I'll try some of those steel guide pins next order on Slot Car Central and let me know next time your up here @ Lebanon Valley I'll meet you there. Jeff
                          Jeff Fitzpatrick
                          Troy, New York

Comment

• BIG E
                            BIG E commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The plan right now is to get up there with my brother and a few friends for the Labor Day Hemmings Musclepalooza muscle car show and drag racing event. We've been up there many times for this -- A FUN day, cheap admission, and reasonably priced eats/refreshments if you don't want to bring the cooler. (We usually do!)
                            You've got my phone number, give me a call towards the end of August.
                            Enjoy your summer and the HO racing! -- Ernie :>)
                        Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1