Auto World Tjet tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto World Tjet tuning

I got my first new AW Tjet and I'm stripping it down to work on it. The armature checks out to 17 ohms +or - .1 on all poles. The big thing I noticed is the rear axle play is huge. Is there a tool or trick to closing up the holes to fix this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fxd...UJ8vWRCBT/view

This great tuning article was written by Rich D.

Comment

• noddaz
      noddaz commented
      Editing a comment
      And that link does show a homemade tool to fix that problem. A lot of very good information there.

Scott

And if that fails.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	hammer-3d-render-picture-id491468794?k=6&m=491468794&s=612x612&w=0&h=xdFmmLL8YQWZbLcCVr2R1yK8JIJ3vMeA7Y7vMixuj7Y=.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	103005
    I hope you have a sense of humor.

Scott, slot car killer
    Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

Thanks very much, this is exactly what I needed. I haven't run these since the mid 70's so I forgot most of my tuning info. This should get me back on track. If I have any problems I do have a nice sized sledge in my garage...

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by padirtfan View Post
        I got my first new AW Tjet and I'm stripping it down to work on it. The armature checks out to 17 ohms +or - .1 on all poles. The big thing I noticed is the rear axle play is huge. Is there a tool or trick to closing up the holes to fix this?
        Rick try this Hole Peener from Scale Engineering works great on closing up those rear axle holes even on the new AutoWorld Thunder Jets I have done a few of them been meaning to do a how to on these just have been so busy it work doesn't leave me much time.

http://www.scaleengineering.com/Prod...TJetTools1.htm

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210516_112530.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	103076
        Jeff Fitzpatrick
        Troy, New York

Comment

The link to my article is for an older version, I am now up to version 13, but that needs to be updated to include the Scale Engineering tool. Wizzard offered their own peening tool that was included in version 13, but that seems to be out of stock. I will be doing version 14 soon and I will post a link to that as soon as it is finished.
          I see that there has been a modification in the chassis, there are added L shaped pieces located where the rivets hold the brush springs in place. The older Thunderjet 500 Ultra chassis that I have does not include those.
          While I was at LenJet Raceway this past Sunday I bought a Scale Engineering rear axle push/pull tool. The tool makes it easy to remove a rear axle from any pancake car and press it back in place so the crown gear is in the correct position. That is another tool that would not be on my list of absolute necessities, but it can save a lot of fussing around if you work on these cars a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1