New Country Charger Chase set from Auto World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Country Charger Chase set from Auto World

Traded my other HO layout to a buddy,for he and his Kids to enjoy.Well,I got the itch again and ran up to Hobby Lobby.
    Their selection is getting smaller and smaller.They did have this set.Kinda of a copy of some of the other sets.Dukes of Hazzard.
    Comes with the jump and a couple of cool cars.The Charger is just about the General Lee color,so it will get some decals.
    The General may look pretty good with a blower...
    We will not be using the jump for now.Got a few extra straights.Now the fun begins!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02379.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.4 KB ID:	100196 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02380.JPG Views:	0 Size:	135.3 KB ID:	100197
    Rusty
    Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

It does look good with a blower. Even in black! Click image for larger version

Name:	20210416_181537.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	100304
    "Stay off the wall and out of the infield...and wheels down."

Comment

• ourwayband
      ourwayband commented
      Editing a comment
      That does look good!!

Nice set! Smaller selection may be due to lower prices. Did you notice that all of the slot car stuff is priced at what used to be their clearance price (40% off)? While almost everyone else is asking $30 for new AW cars, Hobby Lobby is $19.99

Comment

• ourwayband
      ourwayband commented
      Editing a comment
      Noticed that.They seem to have the best prices around these days..

• BIG E
      BIG E commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, with the old Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon I used to be able to buy an Auto World HO slot car here in New York state, out the door with our high sales tax for under $18. With the current $19.99 yellow "Your Price" stickers, it comes out to under $22. The upside is you now can buy whatever and how many cars you want, not just one at a time with a coupon. I'll take the current procedure, it's easier and still less than list price. The downside is that Hobby Lobby usually stocks about a dozen or so cars at any one time. It could be worse, guys...
      Enjoy! -- Ernie

Cool set Rusty!

Comment

Here ya go,all done up and ready to go to town...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02387.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	100450
      Rusty

Comment

• Fairlane_67
        Fairlane_67 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet! You just tripled the value of your set! Awesome!

am curious to know how the cars ran out of the box as i think this is a fairly new release i had shied away from a w after a number of cars not running good from purches a few years ago although just other day i bought a mongoose 4 gear funny car and it ran awesome right out of box

Comment

Well,I know what your talking about.These two cars ran great.Maybe I got lucky,don't know.But they made me smile.....
        Rusty

Comment

have you tried the jump yet did you get away from boss hogg

Comment

• ourwayband
            ourwayband commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL,nope haven't tried the jump yet,but we did out run Boss Hogg........

Nice set....General Lee looks good with a blower!
          LARRY

"OLD PEOPLE NEVER MAKE MISTAKES"...We just spend the rest of our lives paying for the ones we've made when we were younger..

Comment

• ourwayband
            ourwayband commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Larry!!

This set just looked like too much fun - I caved and have one of them on the way!

Comment

• ourwayband
            ourwayband commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you will enjoy it Todd..We have been!!

• TuscoTodd
            TuscoTodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah - I foresee some good smiles per hour coming with this set!
        Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1