Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super 'Easy Bake Clay' Parts .....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 'Easy Bake Clay' Parts .....................

Super easy, as in child's play. I posted the idea before and got a negative response, plus a nasty PM from the 'Sultan of Slots'. Seems he saw no merit in this product since I didn't think a big long explanation was necessary.

So, here's the goods ....................... choose the SOFT product and just follow the instructions.

After you kneed it, if you want to make it into a smooth ball, roll it around on a glass surface, or something dead flat and smooth. Depending on what your making, just squeeze and pinch it into shape. **You can shape in details with an awl or knife, or whatever is handy. If you want to smooth out small flaws, dip your finger in some mineral spirits and rub it out. You can make most anything ............... helmets, torsos, radiators, engine blocks, etc. Smaller parts can be glued together.

Bake for 30 minutes at 110C.

**Once cool you can add the detail as it much easier to handle since it's now hard. It can be scraped, drilled, and gouged. Then paint or Sharpy.

This is just a quick and crude example that took me 4 minutes to form and 1 minute with a marker after a bake n' cool. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0118.JPG Views:	0 Size:	187.6 KB ID:	95352 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0120.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.4 KB ID:	95353
    Last edited by GoldGuy; April 28, 2021, 07:05 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0122.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	95363 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0121.JPG Views:	1 Size:	124.2 KB ID:	95359
    Last edited by GoldGuy; April 25, 2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Cool idea don’t know why there’d be any negativity towards it
      Dave
      Peterborough Ont
      CANADA

Comment

Could probably even use it for some quick molds - press a piece into it and see how much detail you can capture - seems like it is convenient.

NYMODIFIEDS.COM

Comment

I did this for some scenery bits. You can model up a huge bunch of bits and bake them all at once. An HRW member a few years back did huge lines of stacked barrels and put them on the outside of every turn he had on his track. It added a lot to the track- he painted them red/white, very bright shades. Because they were just sitting on the surface the cars never chipped them and didn't get scratched.

Comment

Looks like a great idea to me..
            Rusty
            Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

Never saw that product before - appreciate you sharing the info!

Comment

Thank you! Now I need to make a mold of something.
                Why doesn't my car run like that?

Scott

Comment

Looks like something Strangebrew should try...........
                  Dave J
                  Millstadt, Illinois

Comment

Could this material be used to copy parts or is it too dense to take an impression!
                    Dave
                    Peterborough Ont
                    CANADA

Comment

The more you kneed it the softer it gets. Should work.

Comment

Originally posted by 4424ever View Post
                        Cool idea don’t know why there’d be any negativity towards it
                        The guy that took issue is a bit of a ............................ Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	203
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	95695

Comment

Thanks for sharing this simple and versatile method.

Do not hesitate to share your tips, tricks and your handiwork. I've been in slotting for almost 60 years and there is always more to learn. And I'll glom onto a good idea no matter who posts it. And give due credit.

Being dissed by "The Sultan of Slots" -- I have a good idea who you mean -- is a badge of honor. Some of the most accomplished and skillful slotters I know have earned that distinction. For gosh sakes don't let that character slow you down.

Ed Bianchi
                          Ed Bianchi
                          York Pennsylvania USA

Comment

That looks useful for creating a mold to cast small parts.

Where can this be purchased?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan in Canada
                            Last edited by vtecfour; April 26, 2021, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I say , that no matter how old you get , you should be able to learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              UA-149438709-1