Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barc 1
    replied
    Tires are kind of crucial. I can make my own but from a bigger picture stand point this reality could cause problems.

It has been so long since I ran a car with Carrera rubber tires, I can’t remember what they were like. I think I have a Stock GO car somewhere. I will have to dig it out an see what kind of traction this stock rubber has. Maybe truing and a little oil treatment can make them work better.

Stuff like this can really hold this scale back.

I have a lazy question, who stocks Ortmann tires? I would like to see what sizes are available. I will make my own out of necessity, but honestly would just sooner buy some.

Cheers

Dan
    Last edited by Barc 1; November 14, 2020, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• taskak
    replied
    Yes, Bruno(retro64) is the same than the slotcartyres.

Leave a comment:

• WB2
    replied
    Is “Bruno in France” the same as Slot Cars Tyres?
    I purchased DSlot tires from him earlier in the year but the website says “closed for family reasons”.
    Perhaps someone should contact Paul Gage about manufacturing 1/43 tires. He does tires for Cox 1/43 cars so he may be amenable to making them for other 1/43 brands.

Leave a comment:

• taskak
    replied
    Hi, there is few tires for DSlot cars in the Ortmann tire list.
    If I remember correctly many of the DSlot tires that CarGo sold fitted to some Carrera GO car aswell.
    I got lot of both cars and if you can't get tires from Carsten I can try to find fitting Carrera GO tire for Kyosho wheel.
    There is a lot of Carrera GO tires from Ortmann.

Peter, what happened to Bruno?

Cheers

Aki

Leave a comment:

• toneout
    replied
    Welcome back. Like you, I am getting back into slot cars after a hiatus of several years. I have limited space so I run 1/43 right now and just bought a basic Carrera set even though I still have a perfectly fine SCX setup. My preference is having my 1/32 Scalextric track set up so I can run both 1/32 and 1/43 cars. I never took the dive into DSlot cars as they were just coming out as I was weaning myself from buying cars. At the time I was buying 1/32 and couldn't justify their price.

Leave a comment:

• pfuetze
    replied
    that was what we discussed in the last Zoom meeting, too .....
    Ortmann is the only reliable source
    JelClaws are reliable, too, but the tires are rubber and the selection is very limited.
    Bruno in France (retro64) sadly is not with us anymore.
    So, CarGo is missed and i see no source on the horizon.
    No problem for the printed wheels i´m using, since the Ortmanns fit the size, too. But for all RTR cars with wheels with center rib there is a big hole ....

Leave a comment:

• Barc 1
    replied
    Peter

I was unaware that CarGo had closed. So where do people buy tires from?

Cheers

Dan

Leave a comment:

• pfuetze
    replied
    Welcome back!
    Tires for DSlots - difficult question i got no answer for right now. CarGo is officially out of business, maybe if you contact him privately, he still has the moulds, as he did all the DSlot tires.
    track - sounds like a nice setup! congrats on family and basement!
    if you got any questions - fire away!

Leave a comment:

• dc6287
    replied
    also got a good line on the dslots from the rc world i've been submerged in for the past few years. The million dollar question is do dnano tires work on these cars(i race mini z) and if not who makes tires that fit? Been out of the game for so long my dslot tires almost crumble when you touch them😕 still have a bunch of ranch chassis waiting to be brought back to life, and loads of scx and carrera cars to re-tune
    track i'm running is 16x4 scaley with full borders and a 14 ft back straight-i will be looking for loads of new and old info as i dive back in... i'm looking at you peter and barc as the guys i know and trust from years ago!!!

Leave a comment:

• dc6287
    started a topic back in action

back in action

Hey guys, so good to finally have time to get back in action, can't wait to overload my brain once again... did the 1/32 thing now for a few years( and still will buy my little favs) but now ready to dive back into 1/43 full steam!!! More kids, new house with a basement i"ve always wanted-life is good and it's great to be back!!!!

Danny C.
Working...
X
UA-149438709-1