Ferrari 126C2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari 126C2

This Diecast conversion was plagued with trouble. I tried using the diecast frame for a chassis, but as I drilled the first hole the frame cracked and a big chunk fell out. Very brittle and I had to improvise . I built a brass rear axle assembly and screwed that to the diecast chassis,

I utilized the wheels from the car and added rubber tires.

Fashioned a flat guide from styrene as this was a real special issue with this car. As it is the guide wires are visible. I painted the yellow wire black in an attempt to hide it. This is using the hotter Mineabea motor for power arranged inline.

With the crown gear and motor some of the motor and transaxle detail was lost, but I salvaged what I could and it seems reasonable for a slot car of this size.

Built a drivers body out of white scenic foam and painted up a helmet for G Villeneuve.

After the disastrous start it ended well. This car is a real mover and is very fast.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1070852.jpg Views:	0 Size:	302.4 KB ID:	32550Click image for larger version  Name:	P1070857.jpg Views:	0 Size:	311.5 KB ID:	32551Click image for larger version  Name:	P1070856.jpg Views:	0 Size:	344.0 KB ID:	32552Click image for larger version  Name:	P1070853.jpg Views:	0 Size:	361.7 KB ID:	32553Click image for larger version  Name:	P1070861.jpg Views:	0 Size:	378.1 KB ID:	32554 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8821.jpg Views:	5 Size:	396.8 KB ID:	32555
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Barc 1; April 17, 2020, 02:47 AM.

Did so more detail work on the driver helmet and got rid of the double wing , and built something a little more standard

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070865.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	32607Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070863.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	815.1 KB
ID:	32608

Comment

another great conersion!

how about the idea of using stub axles for the front axle and moving the guide under the car between the front wheels?

what did you use to write on the PU tires? looks very good!

Comment

The guide is working well and there is so little room in the nose of these cars I will probably just stay with it.

I dap paint from a paint pen on to a rubber matt. I then used a tooth pick to paint the tires. Remember old dot matrix printers,same idea. A whole bunch of little dots blend into legible letters

Your little mini turned laps at about 4.5 seconds on this track, and it had some slight magnetic traction from the motor. This Ferrari is 0.4 slower, so not too bad for a die-cast

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1