No announcement yet.

what´s on your workbench? [1/43]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat 500 in the works, resin body needs a little attention.

found slide bearings for 2mm axles on aliexpress - had to try them.

best combination are slot.it axles and the bearings with the flange. all other do not offer good axle play.

jedelloh axles should work with a little sanding, too.

chassis in the pictures offers the possibility to unmount the fully rear axle.

in combination with a tire trueing machine the perfect way to get round tires!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	werkbank-220.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	129396

inspired by ChaseCars

working title: Wackeldackel

(for you english speaking gents - the small dog figures that sat on the hat rack of the cars, always nodding their head ...)

Comment

• side project - water pump pliers with slot for pressing crown gears onto the axles

the chase cars inspired chassis is running! took some time and some prototypes to get it right!
        and now - the car is too fast! i am not able to see the tilting of the body in the curves!

Comment

• https://youtu.be/7TB3gSH0j2M

video of the tilting, steering chassis

Comment

• the pliers are the 2nd best slot-tool i got! the only better one is the tape laying tool for copper tape!

evolution on the WackelDackel - pivoting point much lower so the body has more momentum on the springs

Comment

• Thanks to Stephane again, especially for my first Jouef car. The BMW is great.

Santa brought a nice diecast Mini for the scenery, i painted some new figures.

The red Mini got new gears - brass pinion 7t and 15t crown, along with new rear wheels.

Comment

• a truck from Carrera Go! i could not resist! I like it! combine it with Lego to get a nice trailer!

The vac-formed Rambler got a new chassis with new motor, suited better for the light weight car.

Project Peugeot has been abandoned. WackelDackel Chassis will not fit under the body, rear end too short. :-(

Comment

• building a regulated power supply from an old laptop power supply and a DC-DC-step down voltage converter.
                  printed the housing
                  changed the very small resistor to a big knob (it is the 10k potentionmeter)

in the NASTRUCK, there was a FF050-11170 motor, running good, but there is potential.
                  changed to a box-motor with 33ohm (from aliexpress)
                  wow, what a difference. now the car revs up freely with added performance and fun in driving it.
                  see the little white plates on the chassis? they are for easy height adjustment of the body. If i get the riding height wrong, i simply add those spacers to the chassis where the body mounts are.

Comment

• Tried to make some foam tires. I want to use them as front tires.
                    On a 10mm wheel, they seem to work okay.
                    with a small 7mm wheel like on the Mini, its getting harder.
                    Will coat them with CA glue and give them a try.

some gears for the SideWinder with the small BARC motor - should have more than enough torque for a 1/43 car.
                    with this gearing, the speed should be okay, too.
                    going for 13/20 ...

some work done on the Fiat.
                    body will need some work in some spots ...

Comment

• testing rpm with app "giri"

works good enoiugh for me :-)

Comment

• progress is slow around here ....

Comment

• My first build in a long while. This Mercede450 SL I've won in a proxy race long time ago finally starting to take shape. 3D printed the chassis, flag guide and rims. Cast the tire in silicone. Run the chassis without the magnet and to my surprise did pretty well. Hope to finish it soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin0409 View Post
                            My first build in a long while. This Mercede450 SL I've won in a proxy race long time ago finally starting to take shape. 3D printed the chassis, flag guide and rims. Cast the tire in silicone. Run the chassis without the magnet and to my surprise did pretty well. Hope to finish it soon.
                            Nice chassis!
                            attention - if i can see that correct, you got a RD-pinion with a Go!crown gear. the RD pinion is a pitch - pinion and the crown is a modul m0,4
                            they will mesh, but i think that the pinion will be the weaker part and gets eaten quite fast.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up Peter. I think the goldmine motor pinion will work with the go crown. Or will it not? anyway thanks again.

Comment

• Martin, i only remember that the goldmine pinion ate away all crowns, but that was due to the power of the G9330 motor.
                                there are Go!pinions as spare parts available in Germany, i do not have any at home, but the shipping costs to Canada became really high. they should fit in an envelope, so maybe those are okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                UA-149438709-1